• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DayZ standalone

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i should be playing on it soon, add me on steam its "wagex" lol and my TS is always open.

I have a few questions, and wonder if its down to it being Alpha?

1. Only settings the game remembers is the character, it wont remember my resolution nor graphics settings.

2. Last night i feel of a small roof, after that, every time i got up, the guy would get back down and crawl soon as i moved, has to quit game to get him to stand up again?
Yep it doesn't remember my settings all the time either. And actually you have to go into your video settings every time you log onto a server to make it not blurry ingame. Your lucky to be alive falling off a roof lol in this game. Its all apart of Alpha. As for playing with others, I am waiting till after Friday to log on, its when the patch goes to the stable servers. There are a few of us that play, add me to Steam "Radioactivast", and if I am playing I will hit you up.

Yep it doesn't remember my settings all the time either. Your lucky to be alive falling off a roof lol in this game. Its all apart of Alpha. As for playing with others, I am waiting till after Friday to log on, its when the patch goes to the stable servers. There are a few of us that play, add me to Steam Radioactivast, and if I am playing I will hit you up.

Yeah i just fell off another roof, took about 2 mins to hit the ground, and once i did, i was inside the build with no way out lol :bang head then the server crashed hahaha Im getting places, but takes ages running if its 225 square km's it'll take a while.

I used to think that it took a while to get around, but if you can locate yourself on a map fast, you can then start running where you want to go.

To run a bit faster, bring up your fists (space bar when you have nothing in your hands) and then start running. I place a giant marble on my W key and sit back while my character runs. :)

Currently in servers the sun is in a fixed position it seems so once you get your bearings you can run based off of your shadow...

I think I can make it from the east coast all the way to the north west airfields in about 12-15 minutes if I run without stopping.

lol i usually balance my ecig or flashlight on the w button :D

Am i right in thinking this newest patch has set everything back to zero?

They have reported that some servers are not connecting properly to the hive? That being said, I spawned with a character and gear that I had like a week ago and had since died. Not sure how this will work out in the end. :p

I spawned by the beach, bone stock, ran around, found a magnum by the football field/soccer field, then got shot by another player. Kinda just quit after that.

If you spawn by the beach, just quit and rejoin another server. It happened to me last night. I joined another server and my stuff was back and I spawned in the correct place. It doesn't matter what kind of server Harcore or Regular, both are having issues with connecting to the hive.

It also appears that they have tweaked the brightness and gama settings. It used to be that you could put your brightness and gama at 100%, turn off clouds and shadows, and you could see really well at night. Now its a little harder. I was having a tough time last night looting buildings and tents at the NW airfield. I was having to push tab and walk around to see stuff in some darker buildings.

Also don't spray paint your mosin... it makes it to where you can only load 1 bullet into it, instead of 5.

Last edited:
Yeah i just fell off another roof, took about 2 mins to hit the ground, and once i did, i was inside the build with no way out lol :bang head then the server crashed hahaha Im getting places, but takes ages running if its 225 square km's it'll take a while.

Lol in case nobody has explained it, when you fell off the roof and then couldn't walk/run anymore and had to crawl, you broke your leg(s).
Morphine fixes that so you can get up and run around again.

^^^...Pretty sure you added me on steam earlier lol.

Me and a couple of other friends are playing every so often (see screenshot thread) .

I love the concept of this... And would love to see it on a grander scale!

It's like the Seinfeld of video games.... It's a game about... existing...

Back