• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DDR Boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Acko

Hi I have one of these new DDR boards the Asus A7V266-E & even though the board is fast & rock stable I seem to be one of the unlucky people with quite bad sound issues!

I have even purchased the VideoLogic Sonicfury sound card but this has`nt helped much.

I have all the latest patches & bios updates etc but the sound problem is still there (Crackling & stuttering) so I`m not convinced the Via 266/266A chipsets are correct?

I`m running Windows XP which I really like But no one has the answer.

Acko

Asus A7V266-E/Alpha 8045
512 Crucial PC2100
Geforce 3
30 Gig Maxtor 7200 rpm
12/10/32A Plextor
VideoLogic Sonicfury
19" Iiyama Monitor
Antec 1035

i dont see how the chipset would interfer with a seperate sound card, are u sure u disabled the onboard sound before putting in the other card? Other than that it might be a quetion for tech support.

did u disable it in the bios or with the jumper on the motherboard? if u did it in the bios then look at your manual and disable it on the motherboard jumer too

Hi bobt17

I looked in the manual & can`t find the jumper you are refering to on the mobo?

Can you be more specific please ie. page no./ref.

Also does the sound card have to be connected to the spdifout/cdspdifin (Digital Audio) Page 41 21)

Acko

ok my bad the asus a7v266-e dosent have a jumper on the motherboard.... i got used to my asus a7m266 :p BUT take a look at pages 64 and 66 in the manual there are 2 audio things that u can disable that are audio related... i dont know witch one u disables in the bios already but it wouldent hurt to give the other a try as well to see if it clears things up for ya :)

They claim the A7V266-E is so user friendly when it comes to OC'ing yet I am not allowed to change anything. JumperFree mode is on so I should be able to change settings in BIOS.

I have no clue how to unlock the XP cpu, if anyone can provide a good link explaining how.

dreamtfk said:
They claim the A7V266-E is so user friendly when it comes to OC'ing yet I am not allowed to change anything. JumperFree mode is on so I should be able to change settings in BIOS.

I have no clue how to unlock the XP cpu, if anyone can provide a good link explaining how.

ok what are u haveing problems with? i can change everything except for my memory voltage in the bios on the asus A7V266-E

When I go into BIOS all the OC features are grey and cant be changed. I verified the jumper settings on my MOBO and they are set to Jumperfree

dreamtfk said:
When I go into BIOS all the OC features are grey and cant be changed. I verified the jumper settings on my MOBO and they are set to Jumperfree

ok one quick question can u change the setting "cpu speed" under the advanced menu? there should be 3 setting u can choose from and if u want to oc u need to choose manual once u do that it will make the greyed out settings like "CPU:SYSTEM FREQUENCY MULTIPLE" and "SYSTEM/PCI FREQUENCY" availible for u to change but the frequency multiple wont actualy change unless your cpu is unlocked

Hi bobt17

I have these features you mention allready disabled.

Thanx anyway

Acko

Ok I changed to manual and increased the multiple from 11 to 11.5 for starters. 2 quick questions

1) If I havent unlocked the cpu yet how far can a multiple be increased before problems are noticed? Should I get a new cpu fan or what?

2) Is there a program I can use in Windows to detect what speed my rig is actually running at? My system properties still says 1.48 ghz. I tried dxdiag.exe it says im still at 1477 mhz

Last edited:
dreamtfk said:
Ok I changed to manual and increased the multiple from 11 to 11.5 for starters. 2 quick questions

1) If I havent unlocked the cpu yet how far can a multiple be increased before problems are noticed? Should I get a new cpu fan or what?

2) Is there a program I can use in Windows to detect what speed my rig is actually running at? My system properties still says 1.48 ghz. I tried dxdiag.exe it says im still at 1477 mhz

without your cpu unlocked u can try and change the multiplier as much as u want but it wont change.... u can up the vcore a little and then up the fsb to overclock but u will need some good memory

Then how come my cpu speed is going up? Ive already gone from 1466 to 1572 (11*143) thats 100 mhz! :eek:

512 mb enough to adjust the vcore?

hmm if u didnt unlock your cpu and it letting u change the multiplier then..... well danm u must have gotten lucky enough to get an unlocked xp......... i didnt even think there were any.... if u get a chance look at the chip and tell me if there are any gaps between the l1 bridges

Well it says multiplier 11x0 and goes up to like 13x0. I have found that at 11x0 i can get the frequency up to 143 and thats the highest. Anything above that and windows wont start. Should I get a hs/f for my cpu?

Back