• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Deal of the Century (3080TI 800 bucks)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
Ya know for a second there... I thought I was going to be extremely rich. I hesitated to even tell you guys about it.

I'm pretty sure most of the adult contingent here has more money than a working writer... Maybe the greed would get the best of you and you'd clear them out.

It just seemed unreal...

Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 11.09.37 PM.png

In fact... It WAS unreal:

I was already dreaming up my eBay ads... I was pricing a new home in the country...

Screen Shot 2023-02-13 at 11.14.35 PM.png

Then THAT happened.

Was it a one number typo? Or an elaborate bait n'Switch?

YOU be the judge!

I swear in another thread a few months back we were talking about getting 3080 Ti's for $899........I'll have to find it...

EDIT: Found the post (October 2022) and a 3080 Ti is $720 now - at best buy, lol) - https://www.overclockers.com/forums/threads/power-supply-psu-for-amd-zen-4.802095/post-8185199

...anyway, yeah, says 3080 Ti, then you get to the page and it's a 3070 Ti... yikes. Is that actually sold by Amazon? I make sure I sort that way (at Newegg too). Otherwise, 3rd party sellers creep in along with dubious intentions from some of those sellers.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Isn't a 4070 Ti faster than a 3080 Ti for less money? By less I mean less than $820. (Honestly I just go by fah)

4070 Ti is ~= to a 3090 Ti in rasterization... it's faster/loses less FPS with RT due to the newer gen RT hardware.

4070 Ti is ~= to a 3090 Ti in rasterization... it's faster/loses less FPS with RT due to the newer gen RT hardware.
So are you saying yes its faster than a 3080 Ti?

The 3080 Ti the OP listed is $876 ...trying to understand how it is a bargain regardless of whether it is really a 3070 Ti.

Last edited:
Sorry, yes... a 3090ti is faster than a 3080ti.. so, yes.

The 3080 Ti the OP listed is $876 ...trying to understand how it is a bargain
It's not... nor has it been for 5 months now, lol. I think the OP's point was the bait and switch? Unclear.

It's not... nor has it been for 5 months now, lol. I think the OP's point was the bait and switch? Unclear.
Ok after reading the OP post again it was all tongue in cheek and something to post on a really slow day for them.... ;) :giggle:

The price is in Euros not dollars. The EU charges VAT which tends to increase prices the more companies are involved in production. 820 euro is around $900 USD(?). Maybe that's a good price over there with the VAT (Value Added Tax).

The interesting point for the OP is that the 3070Ti is perhaps at the right price making a 3080Ti at the wrong price. Either way, I've spent my $$$ for a while. On to other projects. ;)

I knew the monehs! from the first post...

... we'll have to wait for rainless to return to clear things up.

Last edited:
The price is in Euros not dollars. The EU charges VAT which tends to increase prices the more companies are involved in production. 820 euro is around $900 USD(?). Maybe that's a good price over there with the VAT (Value Added Tax).

The interesting point for the OP is that the 3070Ti is perhaps at the right price making a 3080Ti at the wrong price. Either way, I've spent my $$$ for a while. On to other projects. ;)
In post #5 Don, I converted to $'s (876)

Back