• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG Defiant

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
There are a few companies out there that make white cases. Corsair, Fractal, and NZXT to name a couple.

wow this looks good!

was going to go for the rv-02 originaly for my build but i was not sure it would look good, this has given me faith that it will look amazing!

Thanks. I really like this case. The overall management of the interior is very welcome. It is turning out to be a nice setup. A few more mods should be coming hopefully before the end of the year.

Couple of decent shots :)

IMG_3331.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

OK! Finally! :D

I hope everyone had a Happy and safe holiday season and New Year celebration.

After finding some things for this rig that were previously unavailable I was really happy to add to this thing. Though it was pretty nice before, it just didnt have the little Extra that I like to add in. The new radiator was the best thing that I couldn't wait for. It seemed like forever before anyone had them available, but as soon as they were I had to jump on one. Now when I first opened the box I was pretty scared that this beast was not going to tuck inside the bottom of the case, but fortunately for me... it fit perfect.

101_2671.jpg

It took a little finesse and just a touch of mill work. I needed a drain port.

101_2628.jpg

It turned out pretty well.

101_2666.jpg

101_2675.jpg

So that was the easy part... To get the radiator and fans in place in the bottom of the case I had to remove the filter boxes and do a little mod work on the hard drive cage. After trimming off two of the five drive slots I made a new aluminum plate that was a simple slip in and lock in place. I covered it with some white 3M Di-Noc, made a couple of acrylic panels and covered them with the white Di-Noc as well to give the interior a bit more a "personal" touch.

101_2652.jpg

Now the painful part was having to re-do a whole bunch of my wiring. I made the top hard drive slot a Hot Swap bay so that drives can be easily changed out when needed and the other two are arranged for backup and program files. After some new sleeve and adding few new wires and removing a few old wires I was finally happy with what I had to work with behind the motherboard tray. It is not quite "perfect" but it is pretty damn good.

101_2704.jpg

101_2700.jpg

101_2698.jpg

101_2682.jpg

101_2680.jpg

The thing that probably took the longest this time around was trying to figure out how to do the lighting in the case this time. I picked up some new white LED strips and placed them in some discrete locations. A little bit of sleeve finished them off, even though you dont get to see much of it.

101_2753.jpg

101_2750.jpg

101_2748.jpg

101_2747.jpg

101_2722.jpg

101_2719.jpg

And of course everything tucks inside and out of the way.

101_2733.jpg

101_2734.jpg

Sooooo... its "done" for now. :clap:

Until I cant contain myself and decide to get something else for it... or sell it and make a x79 build :shrug:

Looks extremely good, how do you like the "upward" facing mobo? it just seems a bit different. lol

Back