• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dell 9300 1:2 ram????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mhypertext

its sunning at 133mhz which is right but its using a devider is there anyway to fix this

its supposed to be 1:1 i am pretty sure

and pressing f2 and going into setup is a waste u cant change anything in htere

this info is taken from cpuz

The intel chipset automatically detects and configures your ram speed based upon:

Your FSB Speed
The rated speed of the slowest stick of ram in the laptop

could you make sure you have the latest version of cpu-z and post up a screen shot, I beleive cpu-z is reporting the base frequency and not the "quad pumped" frequency.

If I remember correctly i think it was possible to stick DDR-1 ram in the ram slots but that might have been just the previous generations of the pentium-m.

anyways Dell (to the best of my knowledge) has never stuck DDR-1 ram in the i9300. therefore only DDR-2 was used. and with DDR-2 the intel chipset for the i9300 can only select between 400mhz and 533mhz (based on the conditions I stated earlier)

yes that looks about right to me

DDR-2 makes my head explode just like back in the day of trying to figure out what my frequency was using rambus.......

well from the looks of it DD2 does not really perform better than DDR because DDR2 is just slowed down to DDR1 speeds

Ummm... NO!

DDR-2 is a much better performer than DDR-1 533mhz > 333mhz
and in dual channel mode (which is automatically activated on a i9300 that has two ram sticks the same size) DDR-2 has even more bandwidth capability.

DDR-2 preforms alot better than DDR-1 PC4200 vs PC2700 (DDR2 533 vs DDR1 333), the base frequency does not dictate performance.

Did you come up with that screenshot?
Did you make sure you have an updated version of cpu-z?

I'm not sure if I'm explaining clearly or if cpu-z is giving you something funky :shrug:

i see yeah cpuz is up to date

its just weird that it divides the ram and DDR1 does not

maybe your mixing up 1:2 AND 2:1 ...... :shrug:

if your seriously worried you might ask in the ram section...

Back