• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell Poweredge T105 $249

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Maybe I'm missing something.. How is this such a great deal?

I said it seemed like a good deal, not a great deal. You could built it from scratch for about the same amount I guess. Somtimes its just easier to buy a prefab if its just for a low end server

Looking at what you actually receive with it, it doesn't look like all that much of a bargain

Looking at what you actually receive with it, it doesn't look like all that much of a bargain

Well, you could always go build one at newegg or something and see what the price comes up as.

The 1210 and 1212 are nice overclockers and cost around $100 I believe. You could get the poweredge, drop a cheaper 3200+ in there and use the Opty for a main rig. There is a 16x dvd drive that is included in the price but not selected by default as well. You could probably build the same thing for the same price, but this way saves you the trouble of building it.

dells never do

factor in

mobo / ram / cpu / harddrive / case / psu / 1year warrenty with dell standard.

may grab one of these to replace one of our aging webservers

they have anice typo, they say it comes with a dual core pentium E

PowerEdgeTM T105
Small Business Server with Dual Core Intel® Pentium® E processor!

just ordered 2 of them $570 with shipping and taxes 3-5 day delivery, for $250, you cant go wrong for our work.

get some ram upgrades and i now have 1 new webserver to take our 2 old ones offline and 1 new mySQL DB server once i toss in a decent raid card and some spare 7200.10 drives i got here :)

6 dual core rigs vs 1 c2d - if your doing folding or even a small rendering farm you cant go wrong....

pff u could have a dual intel quad setup for the price of 6 @ $250 (1500 total)

You could get.

2x E5410 Harpertown (pyneryn server quad) @ 2.33ghz - 296 each
Intel Dual 771 socket mobo - 355.99
2x2gb kit of FBDIMM ECC DDR2 667 - 139.99
Seasonic S12 SS-650HT psu - 149.99
2x seagate 7200.10 410AS 250gb hds - 69.99 each
Chenming server case - 59.99

Total = 1437.94

And you get 8 cores of 45nm intel pyneryn power @ 2.33ghz a piece, 8 times the ram the T105 comes with stock more hd space, all in a smaller overall package that uses less power.

should have ordered one=(. I need it for css server lol

a css server definetly wouldnt even require that much power... i run 2 CS 1.6 servers (18 person a peace) web, ftp, mysql, and file server on a p4 2.8c with barly any slowdown of actual normal computing.

Back