• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Delta 92mm or Tornado 92mm cpu fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Red Barron

Registered
I am thinking on replacing my fan on my cpu. Currently using a 92 mm Panaflo Ultra. I am looking at getting a Delta 92mm ,110 CFM , 55dBA @ 4800rpm or a
Vantec Tornado 92mm , 119 CFM, 56dBA @4800rpm.
Anybody out there have any experience with these fans.

all of those fans you listed are extremly loud... I thought I can tolerate the noise from tornado and I was wrong... watch what you spend your money on becuase those are also very expensive.

Sentential said:
Not a problem. Sidewinder is one of the best retailers in delta fans.

Yes an excellent source for Deltas. This one really puts the Tornado in it's place. (Yes I do happen to like them I own one myself)

I'm just hoping that TBA Delta due in Feb. 2005 is the big brother of this one the TFB1212GHE.

4600 RPM
and over a full 1 inch (26.44 mm) H20 in pressure.
OK so it is 65 dBA in noise but it pumps out a whooping
220 CFM :drool:

I will gladly upgrade from my crappy 190 CFM if I can get 220 CFM out of a 120mm Fan. :burn:

That's it I'm emailing Gary I gotta know now. LOL

65dba? 55dba? How the hell can you guys put up with that.

I had a 92mm tornado, got rid of it, far to loud. :eek:

I'm debating between the TFB and the EFB 92mm slow speed if I go back to air cooling, probably on an SI97.

I just need to know how low will that TFB turn. If it can do 2000 rpm or less I'd be in hog heaven. It's a wicked looking fan with massive amounts of power. All because I like weird fans. :D

And I need 80mm one for Zalman-style cooler. If I clogged these 2 big gaps, tri-blade Deltas could perform nicely, I think...

Grov said:
65dba? 55dba? How the hell can you guys put up with that.

I had a 92mm tornado, got rid of it, far to loud. :eek:
Well I was using avaition grade noice-canceling headsets. (really expensive) That of course was until my parents took em away. Oh well thats why i got the lower speed one.

Voodoo Rufus said:
I'm debating between the TFB and the EFB 92mm slow speed if I go back to air cooling, probably on an SI97.

I just need to know how low will that TFB turn. If it can do 2000 rpm or less I'd be in hog heaven. It's a wicked looking fan with massive amounts of power. All because I like weird fans. :D
If you are talking about MY fan it will go as low as 1776 RPM according to Core Center

I get the feeling that a lot of people that are looking into buying a 55/60dba fan have no idea how loud that is. I bought a tornado, and I knew it would be loud, but it was way louder than I could have imagined. Trust me, unless you DO have one of those aviation-grade noise cancelling headsets, its not worth it to get one of these. Unless, of course, you're already deaf.

Achilles17 said:
Trust me, unless you DO have one of those aviation-grade noise cancelling headsets, its not worth it to get one of these. Unless, of course, you're already deaf.
Exactally. Thats why I got it. However my parents got *quite* angry at me since I would run it full blast all day long. Thats why they took em away lol.

Hehe, I have 6.1 speaker set and open-air style headset, so my comp has to run silent all the time :D
Unfortunatly, I can still hear it at night without any problems, and when music isn't laud, it's still audible. It's nothing that makes me mad, but it should produce less sound in my opinion...
MBM says 1680RPM for CPU fan and 1600 for graphics (70x25mm). HDD and PSU fans noise is close to none, at least I can't hear them with CPU and GPU fans on. I can't hear my HDD when it's idling too.

And parents - parents usually want everything and everyone silent. I had to mod their comp to water, cause even with pretty silent air "it was sooo noisy that noone could stand it" :D

can you say fan controller !
my tornado (wanteda delat but you try finding a 92mm one in the UK)goes right down to 2800 rpm and its pretty quite at that point. a tad louder than my ystech 92*25@2400rpm.

Sentential said:
Exactally. Thats why I got it. However my parents got *quite* angry at me since I would run it full blast all day long. Thats why they took em away lol.

Nice thing about owning your own home with an entire room just dedicated to your addiction. Nobody can say Sh**.

Why not just covert your lawn mower into a giant gas powered fan? 65 dba, get the hell out of here. You must have great noise tolerance to put up with that.

nicknomo said:
Why not just covert your lawn mower into a giant gas powered fan? 65 dba, get the hell out of here. You must have great noise tolerance to put up with that.
...hmmm thats not a bad idea :D

Back