• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Diamond 4850/4870 Xdna Tech enables SLI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chrome-187

Well im tring to find out of the Diamond Brand 4800 series cards support XDNA like the 2900, 3800 series. if you dont know what im talking about, XDNA was made up on Diamond brand ONLY 2900, and 3800's. it was a Diamond designed chip they they put onto the PCB...Xdna has a few features and the most awesome feature, is that it enables you to run crossfire or SLI. Yes you can run 2x diamond 2900, 3800's on a nvidia chipset, like the 680i, 780i, etc.

My friend has a 750i wants to get 2x4850's but the only brand that might be capable of that is Diamond. they are the only card on the market that can do this. And IMO that makes them more valuable and a better buy because of its compatibility.. so i figured with u guys looking for it online too, maybe we can find this out sooner then later. :)

WTF! Why are we just now learning about this. I have a Diamond 2900XT on an nForce4 SLI Ultra chipset. I really hope I can crossfire a couple of 4850s on this rig (I know its CPU limited) because I wanted to buy a pair together so I would be ready for my next build.

This is great info. I'll do a little more research myself and let you know what I come up with.

WTF! Why are we just now learning about this. I have a Diamond 2900XT on an nForce4 SLI Ultra chipset. I really hope I can crossfire a couple of 4850s on this rig (I know its CPU limited) because I wanted to buy a pair together so I would be ready for my next build.

This is great info. I'll do a little more research myself and let you know what I come up with.

yea i tried to message diamond from there website to see if the 4800's carried the exclusive xdna like the 2800's and 3800's did, but my message wouldnt go through...i also own a 680i motherboard and if the diamonds will sli on it then i'll keep the 680i...if not, then i'll have to look for another alternative for that board, or get rid of it...

it would be really freakin awesome if there were actual reviews on this, but since nvidia was beating out ati's last generation at around the same price point no one really was enthused to do it...but now with the 4800's im sure this would be good to know, cuz ati is back in the game =)

This has never been successfully done, it worked on some of the older cards, doubt it if it will work with the newer cards. In any case why the heck would you go buy a nVidia chipset board if you want to do x-fire?

This has never been successfully done, it worked on some of the older cards, doubt it if it will work with the newer cards. In any case why the heck would you go buy a nVidia chipset board if you want to do x-fire?

its not for that reason...its for people like my 2 friends local and the other guy above that already have a nvidia motherboard but want to go ati for video, but do not want to buy a new motherboard...

In any case why the heck would you go buy a nVidia chipset board if you want to do x-fire?
Buying a new motherboard is a big deal. Not for you maybe, but for most casual overclockers it is. If it can be avoided by buying a Diamond card, more power to them.

Also, I doubt it will work also but it would be awesome if it did.

Last edited:
Bump, did we ever confirm xDNA on the 4800 series? I bought a Diamond 4870 yesterday so this crap matters to me! LOL.

BUMP AGAIN! Anybody have two Diamond 4850s or 4870s and a spare Nvidia SLI based computer they can test this with? I'll try it out on my nF4 SLI when I build a new system and add a second 4870. Thats a month, maybe even two, away though. Some of us are anxious to know if this feature was ever confirmed to work.

Back