• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did I do this right? Optimized file install...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cooldrum3

I downloaded the unified installer and checked the SSE3(Intel) options for everything. I have an E6750. It doesn't seem to be running any faster though. Note: I am still running standard S@H workunits.

Did you stop Boinc and restart? Were you running an optimized client before?

Did you stop Boinc and restart? Were you running an optimized client before?

Yep stopped, ran the install, then restarted. Wasn't running the optimized client before. Do I have to be running Astropulse or multibeam to see any benefit? I also included the enhanced Cuda.

Yep stopped, ran the install, then restarted. Wasn't running the optimized client before. Do I have to be running Astropulse or multibeam to see any benefit? I also included the enhanced Cuda.

The optimizers are specifically for AP, MB, and CUDA. I'm unfamiliar with any other work units:shrug:
What are your times like per WU?

The optimizers are specifically for AP, MB, and CUDA. I'm unfamiliar with any other work units:shrug:
What are your times like per WU?

I'm running s@h enhanced 6.03 and s@h enhanced 6.08 (cuda)

my last 2 6.03 wu went in just over and hour... I was averaging 1 hour and 50 minutes before...so maybe that worked. Now I'm just trying to optimize Cuda. I just downloaded those 185 nvidia drivers. I guess I need to create an account at lunatics site and download those Cuda 2.2 .dlls. or is that what was included in the install package?

I'm running s@h enhanced 6.03 and s@h enhanced 6.08 (cuda)

my last 2 6.03 wu went in just over and hour... I was averaging 1 hour and 50 minutes before...so maybe that worked. Now I'm just trying to optimize Cuda. I just downloaded those 185 nvidia drivers. I guess I need to create an account at lunatics site and download those Cuda 2.2 .dlls. or is that what was included in the install package?

It sounds like it's working, if it cut the completion times almost in half :thup:
The CUDA optimizations are included with the installer, including Raistmer's VLAR Kill. The 2.2 dll's are the only thing that are not included. They just need downloaded and dropped into the projects folder to replace the existing versions. If you have trouble registering at lunatics (I sure did :)) shoot me a PM and I can email them to you.

Back