• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Did you update openal32.dll and wrap_oal.dll for GRAW today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ECH

I just realize that GRAW using an older version of openal32.dll.
Here is what you do to update your OpenAL32.dll as some of you are probably using a version much older then the one supplied in GRAW thus causing the slower performance.

Go here to download OpenAL32.dll:
http://developer.creative.com/articles/article.asp?cat=1&sbcat=31&top=38&aid=46

-Install OpenAL
-Go to Windows/system32/
copy Openal32.dll, wrap_oal.dll, onto desk top. Make a folder on your desk top and save these files there are many games like BF2 that use this file. Although BF2 calls it BF2OpenAL.dll instead of OpenAL32.dll.
-Copy and paste those files into X:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Demo\Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter Demo
-Yes you want to copy over the old files, next play the game and see if you have a boost in performance.

This may not work for everyone but those who have an Audigy or X-Fi should notice a bump.

I went from 30FPS-40fps to around 55fps-60FPS

Photo 1
GRAW_demo3.jpg

Photo 2
GRAW_demo2.jpg

Photo 3
GRAW_demo.jpg

As you can see I am obtaining 61 FPS in the 3 photos. Although that is only a short glimpse. I am notice an improvement in game play.

If that does not work for you the only other suggestion would be to reinstall your current drivers thus reinstalling your older openal32.dll and wrap_oal.dll (found windows/system32) and use them to replace openal32.dll and wrap_oal.dll (GRAW dir) and see if that helps.

Back