• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Digital Camera Conundrum

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Proto

Registered
I'm currently looking at two different digital cameras which are both very similar, but I'm having a hard time choosing which one, exactly, thought I'd like to hear some outside input from those of you with more experience. I myself have never owned a camera before, but with my going away for the USCG coming soon I thought I'd like the ability to document some of my travels.

First up is the Fujifilm FinePix S2000HD.
10.0 MP, 15x Optical, 2.7" LCD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830122161

Next is the Kodak EasyShare Z1015 IS
10.0 MP, 15x Optical, 3.0" LCD
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16830170213

I've seen both of these cameras in-store, and really like the look and feel of the Fuji much better, however, the Kodak comes with a rechargable battery pack(which, for me, is a big plus) and a slightly nicer Lens. I'm a little hesitant to go with the Kodak, I've never been a huge fan of them, and it sucks that I'll have to update the Firmware right out of the box, but it's a small hassle that should be done either way. I talked to my sister(who is a bit of a pictophile'?') and her input was that out of all the cameras she's owned, her Kodaks have taken the nicest pictures and have been the easiest to work with, especially compared to her old Fuji, which she wasn't a huge fan of.

Any helpful input from those of you who are in to cameras?

First I suggest you visit the dpreview.com and photo.net forums.

Second, and I know you'll hate me for this, I recommend neither. I say grab yourself a Canon Powershot. I own the A590IS and have owned a Powershot previously as well as the 20D and 40D (these latter being prosumer cameras).

Back