• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Direct Canada

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

7keys

I ordered a monitor last Friday from Direct Canada. It says on their site that they ship in two to three days. The monitor I have now starts to act up after an hour or so I was counting on the two to three day shipping. Today I checked their site and it still isn’t shipped one week later.

I tried to phone Direct Canada to cancel the order so I can get one locally but direct canada doesn’t answer their phones or emails.

Anyone here done business with them?

I've been ordering from them for years now and never had much of a problem. Every once in a while they take a couple of days before shipping but usually within the same week I get my order (1 and 1/2 weeks max)

edit: They got a BFG 8800GT oc for $179 -$40 MIR (who else has them for $140 in Canada?)

Last edited:
they are a great site, i buy stuff in store when i am in canada and for over 7 years now used them, they also do online shipping to anywhere in canada, just incase you want to try someone else in the future

I have done business with them, but not for awhile. If memory serves, their status updates can be alittle weak. I think it was them i ordered from one time and had the order in my hands for over 48 hours before i received a shipping confirmation.

Regardless, they are legit & you will get your goods or money back. Also, don't forget there in a different time zone when trying to contact.

Good luck.

DC has it's issues. Sign up for Hardware Canucks and you can IM the tech guy there directly. He'll help your order get through. its probably already shipped just not marked. that happens alot there.

Well I phoned them two or three times a day for a week and they never answered their phone….or emails. I called my credit card company to see if the money went through, it hadn’t. I asked them if they could stop payment to Direct Canada, they said all I could do was cancel my card and they would send me another, which I did.

It seems like a bad way of dealing with your customers. Never answer your phone or answer emails.

Unfortunately it's because they're swamped like hell... there is 1 guy (yes 1) answering emails answering the phone,and processing orders.... They're the same company as ncix so they can be good but.. best to PM with ncix.

I'd think that if they're swamped like hell they would employ some more help.

I was going to buy a monitor from ncix but now I know they're the same company as direct canada I'm afraid to.

I'd think that if they're swamped like hell they would employ some more help.

I was going to buy a monitor from ncix but now I know they're the same company as direct canada I'm afraid to.

Ncix is fine. The only difference is the ordering system and the guy behind the phone. Ncix is much bigger and very dependable. Directcanada, nxsource, and a few other stores are the same company just different faces...

don't worry about ncix.

Same sort of thing happend to me, I ordered a whole system from DC, they took a while to get the stuff out but it did come eventually, I wouldn't order from them again, I will only use NCIX if i need to place an order online as they have always shipped on time and never given me any problems.

Back