• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Disabling 4 cores on Asus M4A785TD-V EVO?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zonk

Hi everyone

I enabled 4 cores on my Asus M4A785TD-V EVO by pressing 4 on startup. Im getting a few problems now in Windows 7 so I want to go back to 2 cores. How can I revert back?

My processor is AMD AM3 henom II X2 550 Black Edition 3.1GHz 6MB L3 Cache

Thanks

I thought you had to go into the bios and enable them... how are you 'pressing 4 on startup' and getting 4 cores? Did you confirm success with CPUz that all 4 cores are enabled?

Yeah I meant the bios, when it started up first time it said something like press 4 to activated 4 cores so that's what I did. Now the bios shows "All 4 cores activated!" on startup.

Ive checked with CPUZ and it says I have 4 cores.

There should be something in the CPU Configuration section that allows you to work with the ACC or Unlocker which enables the 4 cores.

One other thing you could try is using the Core Disabler. Some Boards will have the option of disabling cores.

I'm not sure if that board works like the newer one I have coming but there is a switch by the ram slots to turn that on as well.

Back