• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dishonored: Death of the Outsider at high resolutions requires a 40 GiB swapfile/pagefile

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

magellan

Thanks to my RTX 4090 I used DSR to crank the in-game resolution to 5120x2880 (with my 1080ti I played at 2804x1557). The game began hard crashing the entire system, but when I increased the swapfile/pagefile to 40 GiB (from 32 GiB) all the crashes went away. Surprisingly, Dishonored 2 doesn't exhibit this issue, but that game was the first one to force me to increase my pagefile/swapfile size to 32 GiB. Does the Dishonored 2 game engine have a runaway memory leak?

That's a MASSIVE swap file... wow. Mine is hard limited to 2GB and has been for.......years. I'd gather something is going on in that game... yeah.

EDIT: I don't play games at such high (fake! lol) resolutions like that... but wonder why it would use so much swap file... is your RAM filled when this happens??

Last edited:
It's absolutely bizarre how ONE game could require such a massive swapfile and it's not even open world like GTAV or Fallout 4. I did manage to get Terminator Resistance to also require a huge swapfile but that was only because I was manipulating Unreal engine CVARS that affected how much memory the game allocated.

Back