• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Do i have a good OPTY?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
eljefe said:
Well it seems to be stable at 2.8ghz i just stopped prime95 at just over 7hrs. I'm now going to try 2.9ghz, although I'm happy where its at right now. I'll report tmr with the results as I'm going to let prime95 run overnight.
If I can get my CABYE 148 to 2.89GHz on stock cooling, I bet you can get 2.9 easy with your CAB2E. Good luck! :)

Well as of now I'm running it at 273x11 which equals 3003MHZ, I have ran superpi 32m and passed the test and as of now prime has been running for the past 1hr without a problem. Load temps went up to 38°C, I also had to up the voltage to 1.45. Gilgamesh let me know if you mind me posting on here my info??

eljefe said:
Well as of now I'm running it at 273x11 which equals 3003MHZ, I have ran superpi 32m and passed the test and as of now prime has been running for the past 1hr without a problem. Load temps went up to 38°C, I also had to up the voltage to 1.45. Gilgamesh let me know if you mind me posting on here my info??
sure no problem that gives me a comparison with your core. I hope i can reach these numbers too with a prommie :D

Gilgamesh said:
sure no problem that gives me a comparison with your core. I hope i can reach these numbers too with a prommie :D

Thanks Gilgamesh, well here is another update. I got an error on prime95 after 3hrs of running at 3ghz. I think that if I up the voltage a litlle more I can get it stable but that is not my goal, my original goal was to hit 2.6ghz and I have passed that with ease. I'm going to settle at 2.8ghz as that seems like a good overclock on stock voltage. I'm going to run prime95 for a day or two to see if it's really stable. Gilgamesh, what ram are you using and what are your settings on it. I have no clue on how to properly overclock ram with the DFI Expert mobo, I'm also pretty sure that my ram sucks as I was only able to overclock to 205mhz, anything above that and it wouldnt even run memtest. Another question that I have for everyone is, is it that much of a difference to run on a divider or would running at 1:1 give a good boost in performance?

GV2NIX said:
If I can get my CABYE 148 to 2.89GHz on stock cooling, I bet you can get 2.9 easy with your CAB2E. Good luck! :)

What voltage did you use to get to 2.89ghz? and was it prime95 stable?

eljefe said:
Thanks Gilgamesh, well here is another update. I got an error on prime95 after 3hrs of running at 3ghz. I think that if I up the voltage a litlle more I can get it stable but that is not my goal, my original goal was to hit 2.6ghz and I have passed that with ease. I'm going to settle at 2.8ghz as that seems like a good overclock on stock voltage. I'm going to run prime95 for a day or two to see if it's really stable. Gilgamesh, what ram are you using and what are your settings on it. I have no clue on how to properly overclock ram with the DFI Expert mobo, I'm also pretty sure that my ram sucks as I was only able to overclock to 205mhz, anything above that and it wouldnt even run memtest. Another question that I have for everyone is, is it that much of a difference to run on a divider or would running at 1:1 give a good boost in performance?

Now still at stock voltage and was able to prime for 6 hrs at 2.777. I guess my problem is the heat as i let it run overnight with the windows open and was chilly. Hopefully i can get things straighted out and find out whats the max oc at stock voltages for now i'm still burnning in and have gained 60mhz already.

eljefe said:
What voltage did you use to get to 2.89ghz? and was it prime95 stable?
2.89GHz at 1.4v on stock cooling with AS5. It was SPi 32M stable (4 passes) and Prime95 stable for about 3 hours or so (stopped Prime after 3 hours to do other things).

Back