• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does Intel have any published roadmap for their Arc videocards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Agree. But, this isn't about AMD or NV being perfect/better/worse. I'm simply saying drivers had a lot to do with the performance increase of Arc, contrary to what was stated earlier. For me, the telltale sign is the difference in performance over time (with drivers, no h/w changes) where Intel's gains were more substantial than AMD or NV. :)
yea it is shocking to see how far they came from reviews using the first/second official release driver to now.

@Evilsizer I had thought one of the reasons 3dFx failed was that they didn't want to do 32-bit color, they figured 16-bit was enough for everybody.
3DFX failed because it could not keep up pace with getting new video cards out. the problem card for 3DFX was the V5 6000 card, was going to come with a power brick sport 4 vsa-100 chips. would be able to do AA with no loss in performance with their setup. one for the things that did hold people back besides the lack of performance from the V5 5000/5500 is the lack of 32bit color. we are still talking early days of gaming when they were comparing the 2. i still recall the day my buddy playing quake 3a with everything on low/in-the-grave settings. you would have thought it was quake 3a on a N64. him and his buddies were more into professional playing, not sure if they went to quake con or not back then. i was the only one using med/high settings. Nvidia bought all 3DFX IP so there is alot nv put into their cards about a gen or two after they got them.

Back