• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dominator and OCZ 8500 4x2gb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EvilJoker

OK.. i just got 2x2gb of OCZ 8500 platinum and im tring to pair them with my dominators. got the same timings and same volts... But in bios it says not SLI ready? :confused:

Anyone no y? I figured they would work better than the 2x1gb(Diff volts)... But my rigs doesnt seem to like new RAM.. :fight: ANd should i use the P6N Diamond insted of my 780I FTW? :shrug:

I'm confused by what you mean about not SLI ready? SLI is for video cards.

Do you mean dual-channel?

Even if they have the same timings and volts it isn't guaranteed that they would work together as they were not binned together.

not it gets stuck a post screen alittle longer...:confused: The "Memory testing" doesnt fully say testing....... :( it says "memory tes" than i wait for a few secs and it will go on threw... :cry: Was not doing that crap untill i tried the other ram, i put my old back in and its still doing.. i cant even OC!!! :mad:

Tried clearing your CMOS?

What if you just have the new RAM installed?

Any suggestions?? And does anyone know of the ocz platinum ddr2 1066 series is SLI ready?? Tha way I can figure out if I should sell the two sticks or update my bios or may have an issue with my original ram

I guess I don't understand what SLI ready does? They should still boot on the standard SPD right? Is SLI-ready like XMP?

Running two different sets of memory is often fraught with problems. My suggestion is to pick the higher of the two kits' voltage, the slower of the two kits' speed and the higher of the two kits' timings. Write them down. Then boot with one kit, go into BIOS and set those values. Shut down, install the other kit and keep your fingers crossed.

Sometimes when you run two different kits with two different ICs, it's possible they just plain won't work together no matter what you do. It's happened to me and many other people I've seen over the years. If your MB will run it, you'd probably be best ditching both kits and buying a 2 x 4GB kit, though you'll take a speed hit doing so. Alternatively you could buy two of the same 2x2GB kit at the same time. You're still taking a chance because some manufacturers change ICs from kit to kit as supply dictates, though the chance of that happening is relatively low.

Back