• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Don't buy HP laptops...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've got an HP and it's built like a rock. I really don't see what the problem with HPs are, judging by what I see come into the store I'd say stay away from a Dell or a Sony if anything.

I had a ze4900 it was ok i never had any major troubles with it, but i also took it apart a couple times and put in arctic silver 5 in there, but it was very poorly built, it flexed a lot and there was enough space inside the case so that i could have put a 2nd hard drive in there with no problem and very little modding

basically hp = laptop for someone that knows nothing about computers and is going to leave it plugged into a wall

BUT i just got an Asus W3V and it is amazing it is like going from a Hyundai to a Porsche they both are cars and can get you were you need to go but the Porsche is for the enthusiast who knows about cars, wants a quality built machine, and wants to go fast

If you really want something that is solidly built and something that your not going to be hitting your head against a wall because you bought something so crappy look into Asus laptops

My 17" HP P4 3.2Ghz has had its Nvidia 5700 video card burn out on it 2 times in 1 year, the good thing about that is that It only took exactly 4 days to get the laptop repaired and sent back to me each time I sent it in. I have a 2 year ComUSA warrenty to and if it happens again I can use the lemon law to get store credit towards another laptop :p *I thought it was ok to OC the GPU 20% over stock* What tey don't know cant hurt :D

I have worked on several HP laptops. The majority of them run hot as hell and have horrible battery life. On the other hand I have a Dell Lattitude this is my 5th one. I have never had a single bit of trouble with any of them though I do trade them in every 24 months.

HP's repair service has failed me again. Every single time I have to send it back, they fix the original problem, but break something else. I got my laptop back yesterday. When I first plugged it in, I saw that the light to indicate it was plugged in/charging wasn't turned on... so I thought it didn't work at all. So I try turning it on. It booted perfectly. Windows indicated it was running off of AC power. Yet not one of the 3 lights in the front came on (battery status, on/off, hdd activity). Do they even test these things before they send them back?! I swear... I'm taking this POS back for a Dell (wow, never thought I'd say those words... lol)

They said after the 3rd "repair" I can exchange it for a new laptop. Well, that was the 3rd "repair", so this weekend I'm going to Best Buy and getting me something with a Dothan... Turns out buying their $300 extended warranty was a good idea this time :rolleyes:

I love my Acer so far. And their technical support guys (When i asked for an RMA and found out it wasn't the lappy) were great! One of the hot sounding ladies was almost hitting on me. Thats service!

Anyway, I am suprised to hear this since i looked at their stuff and liked what I saw. Dam... hope you get a nice one! Don't get Gateway!

Cheator said:
One of the hot sounding ladies was almost hitting on me. Thats service!

I know her. She weighs 400 pounds.

j/k

HP is a retarded company. They are firing more people to make their books look better after having record profits. You know what this means. Even suckier service.

Electron Chaser said:
I have worked on several HP laptops. The majority of them run hot as hell and have horrible battery life. On the other hand I have a Dell Lattitude this is my 5th one. I have never had a single bit of trouble with any of them though I do trade them in every 24 months.

As much as people bash dell - they make good laptops - Toshiba as well is up their on my list for affordable quality laptops.

I've owned 2 dells... and I'm considering buying a third one next fall... if I I can manage to save up nuff money...

Back