• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Downgrade Win7 versions possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

knoober

I just reinstalled my OS and mistakenly installed a higher version than I have a key for. I already set up all the drivers and all the other work, so is there a way to downgrade versions without a reinstall? I hope so....

Not that I'm aware of, I thought that only upgrading was possible. What did you mistakenly select and what should it have been?

As I suspected: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...-to-home/ca6cda9a-3c44-40aa-880f-45b12947a880

Yeah I knew I couldn't I was just hoping the home team might have some trick up their sleeves :)

I usually use my universal install disc, but I pulled out my actual with does disc (win7 pro for the desktop) and didn't think twice about I still on the laptop ( needs win7 home premium I'm afraid)

Well back to re-reinstsll the OS (and reset up a comp that's already set up.....)

Thanks though guys! :)

Back