• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Download Link -- CPU MSR (AMD UTILITY)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Re: NF2

sypher said:

If by NF2 you mean an nforce 2 chipset, i think u could possibly be wrong. i read a review in a computer mag about CPU MSR and they tried it on an nforce 2 system and it worked. But just incase im wrong, if your gonna try this on an nforce 2 chipset keep in mind that it might not work.
It hasn't, if it does, give the board they used and if any special bios. I think your mistaking it with a Via something or other, the NF1 and NF2 cant do powernow as far as we know, but we haven't confirmed it cant and haven't that it can.

7keys said:
sypher
Great info, thanks!

I have an old k7s5a that I want to try it with. I also have a Nforce 1 board kicking around, I wonder if it will work on that?
It will work on the k7s5a since it has a SIS chipset. Also it is belived that it WONT work on NF1 (since NF2 is based on NF1 and it doesn't work in NF2), but nobody confirmed it yet, so try and see if it does, maybe then I can compare the register fields of the NF1 and NF2 and give me a better idea on what to try out rahter than doing every last register.

Back