• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dragon Age: Inquisition cut scene problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HANDxOFxGOD

Registered
Hey guys,

So if you've been playing DA: Inquisition on PC, you've probably heard about that 30fps cutscene lock fix. The one where you make a shortcut to your desktop and edit the target to " blah blah 60 fps lock thing blah blah.."

Anyways, when I put this in it makes all my cut scenes strange. It seems to speed up what's happening. It's like it's running at x2 speed. The characters talk super fast, they walk fast, and it just generally looks strange. Am I the only one who's experienced this? (It's like my only options are the stuttery 30fps lock, or the x2 play speed.)

I've looked this up endlessly online and can't seem to find anything.

I appreciate you reading this, and all suggestions are welcome.

Thanks!

Double check you entered the code correctly. It should only affect the cut-scenes, hence the 60fps lock.

It sounds like it is only affecting the cutscenes. But it sounds actually that it is working as intended... you are speeding up the cutscene by double what it was rendered for.

What's your monitor refresh rate? They run much better on mine since I used the fix, and even though my monitor is clocked @ 96, I set the game at 60. If you're on a 120/144, then that may be why it's looking strange.

BTW it probably doesn't make a difference, but I added the code via right-clicking the game in the origin client, and adding the code to the parameters box (I think it's called that...currently at work).

Last edited:
This might sound stupid... but I think my mind was playing tricks on me. I was expecting one thing.. but perceived it as something else.

It seems to be working fine now..

Back