• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DRAM Claims - $310 MILLION SETTLEMENT

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyij

http://dramclaims.com/

Just saw this commercial on tv, and looks interesting.

DO YOU QUALIFY?
You qualify for money if you bought DRAM or products containing DRAM (computers, printers, video game consoles or other electronic devices) between 1998 and 2002. No documentation is required to file a claim.

The minimum recovery is $10, while larger purchasers could receive a $1,000 or more.

I hope someone pisses in your cheerios.... Get over it. 12+ years ago, really? To get back a few dollars that you really dont deserve...........

I hope someone pisses in your cheerios.... Get over it. 12+ years ago, really? To get back a few dollars that you really dont deserve...........

I could not care either way.

Who says I do not deserve it? Maybe I will donate that money - I could feed 1 person per day for every $1.. do I still not deserve it?

If a company suffers a settlement, there is a reason. If they have to steal money to stay in the market, then they should not play in a capitalistic society.

And I eat fruit loops..

Maybe we should start a class action due to them using the floods in Asia as a reason to raise hard drive prices :/

If a company suffers a settlement, there is a reason.

That reason is often racoonslawyers who are in the business of filchinglawyering and ignorant judges and/or juries, rather than any actual wrongdoing on the part of anyone but the racoonlawyer who saw something shiny. See the wildly relevant quote in my signature from WD.

Last edited:
I saw this commercial last night and actually thought it was an Adult Swim joke commercial. I guess not. People will sue for anything these days, how sad.

With the number of companies involved and the amount of people that would have bought basically any electronic gaming device or pc during all those years, there is a chance you might get a couple pennies. Waste of tax payer money for courts to deal with this crap.

That reason is often racoonslawyers who are in the business of filchinglawyering and ignorant judges and/or juries, rather than any actual wrongdoing on the part of anyone but the racoonlawyer who saw something shiny. See the wildly relevant quote in my signature from WD.

Yes I know. And it is not like I am trying to start a fight. I just wanted to post this, as I saw it relavevent. Some people spend a good deal of money on electronics, which this may be useful for them to know.

:popcorn: :facepalm:

Welcome to 'murica haha, more lawyers than every other country combined (might be exaggerated, but it's not far off).

To be honest, I don't really care. I've heard nothing from them and I don't really expect to either. I might get a $15 check two years from now.

The only one I ever gave a crap about was from the 75GXP deathstars -- I had two of them at the time and I am still mad about both of them failing within weeks of being installed.

i mean.. if the money is there...
lol im sure i could fudge some numbers and information in there but 1 idk if i even bought anything in the time, 2 i wouldnt have any documentation to support it.. its been 12 years.. 3. its not right to falsify stuff.

but if you did buy something and the money is there and you can prove it... the money is gonna have to go some where.

Company
Contribution
Elpida
$4,259,948
Hitachi
$5,600,000
Hynix
$49,971,842
Infineon
$29,113,776
Micron
$66,774,984
Mitsubishi
$5,600,000
Mosel
$2,848,900
Nanya
$3,823,200
NEC
$20,277,350
Samsung
$113,000,000
Toshiba
$7,450,000
Winbond
$2,000,000
Total
$310,720,000

My claimant ID:168546 <---this many people have filed?

So it looks like we will get $10

There will be an initial computation to identify individuals and businesses whose claims are so small that their payment from the Settlement Fund would be less than $10 (“Small Claimants”). Each of these Small Claimants will be raised to a payment of $10. There is a possibility that Small Claimants will receive more than $10 each. If there are fewer than 2.5 million Small Claimants, each Small Claimant’s check will be increased pro rata above $10 until either the entire $25 million has been allocated to Small Claimants, or each Small Claimant’s payment equals their estimated single damages from the alleged overcharge. If this damages limit is reached before exhausting the $25 million, any remaining funds will be distributed to non-profit organizations approved by the Court to support public or not-for-profit activities on a geographically diverse basis to address the injury alleged in the lawsuits. There is also a highly unlikely possibility that Small Claimants will not receive an individual payment. This is because there is a cap of $50 million on the portion of the Settlement Fund that can be used to compensate Small Claimants. Therefore, if there are more than 5 million Small Claimants, which is not anticipated, no cash distribution will be made to them. Instead, $40 million will be distributed for their general benefit to non-profit organizations approved by the Court, as described above.

DAMN!!!!! These lawyers hit payday. Only 50 million for all small claims? Oh looks like these AG's want some of that money as well
The Settlement Funds total approximately $310 million. Approximately 89% (or 8/9ths) is for the benefit of businesses and individuals. The other 11% (or 1/9th) of the Settlement Funds are for the benefit of state and local government entities. The Attorneys General and Class Counsel have requested attorneys’ fees, subject to court approval, in the amount of 25% of total Settlement Funds Participating in these Settlements are State Attorneys General from around the country, including: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.

Last edited:
There will be an initial computation to identify individuals and businesses whose claims are so small that their payment from the Settlement Fund would be less than $10 (“Small Claimants”). Each of these Small Claimants will be raised to a payment of $10. There is a possibility that Small Claimants will receive more than $10 each. If there are fewer than 2.5 million Small Claimants, each Small Claimant’s check will be increased pro rata above $10 until either the entire $25 million has been allocated to Small Claimants, or each Small Claimant’s payment equals their estimated single damages from the alleged overcharge. If this damages limit is reached before exhausting the $25 million, any remaining funds will be distributed to non-profit organizations approved by the Court to support public or not-for-profit activities on a geographically diverse basis to address the injury alleged in the lawsuits. There is also a highly unlikely possibility that Small Claimants will not receive an individual payment. This is because there is a cap of $50 million on the portion of the Settlement Fund that can be used to compensate Small Claimants. Therefore, if there are more than 5 million Small Claimants, which is not anticipated, no cash distribution will be made to them. Instead, $40 million will be distributed for their general benefit to non-profit organizations approved by the Court, as described above.
The Settlement Funds total approximately $310 million. Approximately 89% (or 8/9ths) is for the benefit of businesses and individuals. The other 11% (or 1/9th) of the Settlement Funds are for the benefit of state and local government entities. The Attorneys General and Class Counsel have requested attorneys’ fees, subject to court approval, in the amount of 25% of total Settlement Funds Participating in these Settlements are State Attorneys General from around the country, including: Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, and Wisconsin.

This is why, instead of filing to "get your piece", you should attempt to get this bull**** thrown out in favor of the defendants.

42048-Dis-gon-b-gud-gif-ngmE.gif

Back