• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual mobo help ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Mr_B=-

Well first off, dident quite know where to post this, im needing mobo help... for a dual purchase. Picked this one, seams to have more trafic in it, so i hoped to get more valid points...

Anyway, on to topic. im thinking out loud.

What i need, a dual cpu rig, with capabilities for (hardware preferably, as compared to software / driver) raid, possibly raid 5 or 10, to host a SQL dbs that will be accessed by multiple users simultaniuesly, all the time, 24/7.

Raid 10 to always have a identical backup, or raid 5 to have a chance at restoring atleast, so far havent finaly been decided. It's critical data allright.
I could even go for dual channel raid 5 but i'm guessing thats a waste of the parity drive alltogether on each channel.

Havent decided as to if im going for Sata or Scsi, opinions / reasons for the both are apreciated, if possible with a included sugestion for a proper motherboard.

I have been thinking out loud long enough, now i'll start talk:
Please!

(thats all ;-)
B!

Hi again Crystal *- )

From looking in what part of the forum im in, id say its obviues, thats why i Posted in the Intel section. But offcourse, You might have figured out that im a bit confused now and then... Yeah, i am lookin' for a Xeon Mobo, Dual intels. As said, Hardware raid if possible to unload the cpu's...

Any ideas much apreciated.. i have been snooping about, and not finding to much "good"
B!

Perhaps i should try and have this thread moved to the SMP part of the forum, seams i attract very little attention here... Offcourse, that might be risky too, after its moved, everyone knows exacly what they would recomend, but they cant find the thread...

(Mods, if ya see it, your pick, i dont wanna post a new thread in the SMP part)
B!

Hhum, going to look in to getting this moved to SMP, hoping i might draw more attention.

Last edited:
Back