• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dual Temp Fan Controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

wolffman122

Hey Guys
Was wondering one if the NZXT Sentry 2, has dual temperature sensors to control two fans independently. What I am trying to do is in a customers home entertainment system they have two cabinets with components. I want to have one controller control each fan and the temperature of each cabinet. If the Sentry 2 does not do that open to suggestions. Also open to how to convert the AC to DC just for the controller and fans?

Conumdrum, thank you for the idea on the power supply. My only question is I know a molex connector powers the controller, but does the molex just have 12 v on it or do i need to worry about the other wires on the molex to power that controller.

Hmm, it has a red, black and yellow. Meaning it might be using 5 VDC also. Also, if your sensor wires aren't long enough you'll have to extend them, which will change the resistance of the sensor, maybe enough so it won't work

Honestly, your planning to run a fan in exhaust at the back of each cabinet? How much airflow do you need? How silent does it have to be? You could just get some nice 140mm or 180mm fans that are very very quiet and they will be on all the time the system is powered up, you'll never hear them from 10 ft (aka the couch).

If you just run the fans, then even a 40 watt mini 12 VDC power supply would be fine.

Back