• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dying Light 2 Free-to-Play Weekend

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rainless

Old Member
Game runs like CRAP on my computer... Maybe you guys with your super computers and RTX 6090s might fare a little better.

Getting up to 95% GPU load with only 61% CPU load.

Big thanks for the heads up! One of my kiddos is in! :clap:

Getting up to 95% GPU load with only 61% CPU load.
That's good. Ideally, your GPU should run as close to 99% as possible, especially at 4K. CPU load should not (also tough to judge as IPC and clock speeds play an integral role in overall performance along with thread count). Typically, you don't see a lot of CPU use at 4K, and you wouldn't want it running close to pegged. (y)

Game runs like CRAP on my computer... Maybe you guys with your super computers and RTX 6090s might fare a little better.
Strange, my system ran it just fine, 1440p DLSS quality, high/ultra settings, was pushing well over 100fps most of the time?

Strange, my system ran it just fine, 1440p DLSS quality, high/ultra settings, was pushing well over 100fps most of the time?

Well I don't know how your 3800X stacks up against my 9600KF... but your 3070 should give you a significant advantage over my 4060. Plus I was playing in 4K.

Couldn't really hit 60fps... and that's with DLSS in performance mode...

Last edited:
3800x, as far as I remember is a smidge slower than your 9600k, but that would be negligible at higher resolutions where it's all about the GPU, and yes, the 3070 can be up to ~40% faster in certain titles, but overall is not that much faster.

Read there is a mod for frame gen for DL2, you can try it and see if it works well enough to give decent FPS? Check NexusMods or steam forums 👍🏻

Back