• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

E3110 & Abit IP35 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baltoos

My Opty148 & DFI Expert Main Rig died a while back & I decided upgrade a couple of components. I now am beginning to tweak a few settings on my new Abit IP35 Pro & Xeon E3110 setup.
I was able to hit 3.6GB right off by only raising the FSB setting. I left everything else alone. I left V-Core at the stock VID setting of 1.1625V.
I'm currently trying it out at 3780MHz (420FSB) with V-Core set at 1.2125V in BIOS. I've been running Prime 95 v25.6 for over for 6 hrs. & it hasn't crashed yet. Max Core temp, according to Reak Temp 2.60, is 60°C with an ambient room temp of 85°F (29°C) Here's a screen shot:

Xeon420.gif

I'm hoping to get North of 4GB with this chip & it looks like I'm off to a decent start.
Many thanks to graysky for his excellent guide to tweaking Intel's latest!
-Dave

I bet you can get the same speed but a higher fsb by dropping that multi and rasing the cpu frequency.

Probably with the same voltage too.
I have found that the E8400/E3110's like 8 instead of 9, and really get moving around 4.0ghz.

That's some nice voltage though for 3.7!

Thanks guys! Sar, I just might try that. I was really pleased when I dialed it up to 400FSB & it ran Prime 95 for a few hours at the lowest V-core this mobo will allow. I guess the IP35 Pro won't allow anything less than VID without chip mods.
BTW, P95 is still running & it's been over 8 hours now.
CPU is cooled by my Thermalright XP90 with the Delta fan from my old setup. Looks like its doing OK so far.
-Dave

I'm getting that combo at the end of the month and hope to achieve 500x8. It will be paired up with 4gb of 1000mhz g.Skill.

E3110 and IP35 Pro. With 4gb of the 1000mhz g.skill.
how about the GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS4 or GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3R i have GiGABYTE now and i love it over ABIT the X48 has no FSB wall also it supports 1200 DDR2

Last edited:
how about the GIGABYTE GA-X48-DS4 or GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3R i have GiGABYTE now and i love it over ABIT the X48 has no FSB wall also it supports 1200 DDR2

The GA-X48-DS4 is a little out of my price range, but I'll look into the GA-EP45-DS3R. I've just never used anything besides a Asus or Abit motherboard, so I've generally leaned towards them.

The GA-X48-DS4 is a little out of my price range, but I'll look into the GA-EP45-DS3R. I've just never used anything besides a Asus or Abit motherboard, so I've generally leaned towards them.
Yes i know what your saying i ran into a problem with ABIT support and they never responded and GIGABYTE took care of me right away i play no favorites just who is going to take care of me for my 3 year warranty

Thanks baltoos, you'll definitely get there my man, it's a great combo.

I've always had great success with both Abit & Asus, have used several of both with no issues :)

It took me a while, but I've finally manage to get what I believe to be a very nice overclock in my Xeon 3110. I found I could easily get it around 4GHz, but I had to raise the V-core to do that & the CPU temps started getting a bit high.
My Thermalright XP90 was not quite up to the task of keeping the CPU cool enought for any more.
I've recently acquired an Enzotech Extreme-X heatsink & fan from Sidewinder Computers for the 3110.
It's an excellent heatsink, but for some reason, not very popular. My case is rather narrow, so the very popular TRUE would be a tight fit. The Enzotech is very well made with a mirror finish on the base where it contacts the CPU.
This heatsink is definitely doing a better job than the XP90.
I'm currently running the 3110 at 460FSB or 4140MHz.
I've just run Prime95 for over 9 hours without crashing, so this setup is pretty stable.

Xeon460.jpg

Temps maxed out at 64°C & that was only for a short burst. I might get a bit more out of it after the Arctic Silver cures for a while longer
I've also upgaded to 4GB of RAM (4x 1GB) & Windows Vista Ultimate 64.
It's still dual boot with XP Pro.
What youse guys said is very true: E3110 & Abit IP35 Pro is an excellent combo.
-Dave

Back