• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e520 gaming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

morfiction

Dell Dimension E520 with Pentium D 2.80ghz procesor
2 GB DDR2 RAM
Windows XP SP 3
Radeon 6450 HD graphics card.

Upgrading with:
Wifi PCI adapter from Newegg. $14 (TP Link)
Seagate 500 GB Hard Drive. 49.99 newegg
2X 2GB RAM (4GB for two sticks) added to existing RAM to make 6 GB. Crucial.com $53
Win7 $45

Will this run the PC games released during the PS3/ Xbox 360 era such as Street Fighter IV, Dead Rising 2, DR2: Off the Record, the Tomb Raider remake, Saints Row the Third, Saints Row IV, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series, and uh.. whatever? I also have Quake IV, Call of Duty: World at War, Warcraft IIII, and several 3D MMOs.

What resolution are you gaming at?

Your biggest problem will be the graphics card... that thing is pretty weak. Though, those are some older games... not sure how many FPS you will get in those titles with that card...

Your CPU is also pretty weak for gaming...

I would scrap your existing ram and if supported (please check Dell website), go 2x4GB. I would worry about mixing and matching ram sticks as that can cause instability.

Last edited:
Dell made your PC... what does Dell say the motherboard can support?

Also, please answer the other questions asked so we can help. :)

What resolution are you gaming at?

Your biggest problem will be the graphics card... that thing is pretty weak. Though, those are some older games... not sure how many FPS you will get in those titles with that card...

I would scrap your existing ram and if supported (please check Dell website), go 2x4GB. I would worry about mixing and matching ram sticks as that can cause instability.

I dunno how to answer the questions. What is a good resolution to play on? I plan on doing windowed mode if I cAN.

i will run completely on low settings. I will check out Dell now.

EDIT: Maximum Memory: 8GB
Number Of Slots: 4

Dell memory.

Last edited:
A 'good' resolution to play on is the native resolution of your monitor. That is what I am asking :). Once we know what resolution you play on, we can tell better tell you if that GPU will be ok... unless you are 1680x1050 or lower, I don't think that card will be good.... especially paired with that CPU... Really, I would save for an entire new PC....

Looking at that spec list it may only be a 32bit CPU so you may be limited at 4GB of RAM anyway, may want to check that further before you purchase more RAM for your machine.

The BIOS says it is 64 bit compatible with Intel EM64T / L2 cache 2mb and a bus of 800 mhz.
I

There were versions with Vista on it, but not the one I bought.

1024 by 768 is resolution. Just checked, though it won't let me run my driver disc. Internet also disabled.

SR3 and SR4 wont run on that PC, the GPU and the CPU cant handle these games, I couldnt play SR3 with my old E5800 and GT220 so i know it wouldnt be playable :/ sorry.

Back