• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

e6300 on P5B Deluxe, 515fsb...Look out P5W DH

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hyperasus

Watch out P5W DH, P5B coming threw. This boards is so sweet. I'm not in to crossfire so I figured what the hell why not try a P5B. Sure am glad I did. I get the same clocks with my P5B/e6300 as I was with my P5W DH/e6700. The e6700 would post a a higher clocked screenshot, but was not stable at anything above 3.5ghz. i975 is just old and tired.

After 520fsb things get pretty shaky, I'm not sure if its the cpu, mb, or memory holding me at 520fsb. But hey I'm not complaining.

Btw don't mind that low vcore reading. Sometimes CPUz does that. vcore is set to 1.45 in bios.

That's great news to me hyperasus seeing i just bought one from S_Wilson. :) Pretty crazy FSB speeds to say the least, what are you using to cool it and what are your temps like?

Very impressive results man, that seems to be a pretty hearty chip. Your temps seem to be the same as everyone else's setups, but you got some high clocks from that baby! :eek:

Can you run something besides CPU-Z at that speed? I could run SuperPi 1M at 529 MHz but not much else in my Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3. You had asked me to run PCMark05 a while back and the best I could do with that was 523 MHz.
23u67up.jpg
23wl0k8.jpg

Last edited:
What voltage are you running to get that RAM to run at those speeds/timings? I just bought some of that RAM and now I am even more happy that I did. Even though I will be running a P5W HD (need the extra IDE controller) and will never see 500mhz.

Voltage on RAM is set to max... 2.45v. Timings are set to auto. For some reason the board doesnt like when I try to manually set memory timings. Even if I set to 5.5.5.15 then it will fail to post sometimes. Kinda weird.

That's some nice OC'ing DaveB! Can you tell me what is your temperatures? Also, what are the timings on your RAM?

I have the radiator fan is hooked up to the CPU fan connector so the motherboard can keep things quiet under normal operation. With the fan control keeping the speed at around 2000 RPM, idle settles in at 42C to 44C and dual 100% load goes to 62C or so. If I kept the fan on full speed, it would stay under 40c at idle but I'd rather have the quiet. I'm using a cheap Ghetto water cooling setup with a Cooler Master R80 Mini Aquagate which goes for $65 at SVC.

But these temps are at 3.4 GHz where I normally run it since it won't pass Prime95 at either of those speeds.

I took out the e6300 and replaced it with a e6700. So far so good. The bored is just a better overclocker then the P5W DH; no doubt about it.

Very nice results Hyperasus !

Eva 2000 though from XS forums has post an interresting result with P5w DH set at 447 mhs fsb ( E6600 ) @4.023 ghz and could bench superpi 32 watercooled

What is nice is the x9 he kept , as we now are sure C2D with 2mo cache do better o/c at high fsb

I still think this mobo can do better and need some mature bios

He gots a new revision one ( 1.85v Vmch but did not push so far yet .. )

Regards

Killaapp said:
what is the highest stable speed the e6300 could reach? Do you think it would be prime stable at 7x500 ?

I am completely stable and running 24/7 at 500fsb. I can be stable at 515fsb but decided to ease it off to 500fsb so I don't have to run the vcore as high and keep temps down for 24/7 use. I'm at the wrong computer right now so I can't give you any dual prime95 screenshots, but the answer is yes, I am 100% stable at 3.5ghz. I have very high stability standards. If my comp can't run orthos overnight then do a PCmark05 and 3Dmark05 the next morning while still running orthos, and get no errors, then it is not stable by my standards and must be clocked down.

Back