• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECC SR x4 vs QR x8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pvt.Dancer

Cas11 at 1600 or cas7 at 1066? That's a tough call, both are pretty meh speed wise.

Ignoring the speeds/timings, I'd get the two 8GB sticks.

It won't be any special difference in performance so I would get 2x8GB but better at least 1333. There are 1333 2x8GB dual rank for ~$120 ... but all depends what is compatible with your board.

yeah I have to look up my board to be sure what I can and can't put in it. but wasn't sure if there was that much a a different between ranks. Thanks for the info and advice.

EDIT: If I can I am looking at 1333 and higher for the speed of the memory as currently it has 2 2gb sticks of 1333 in it. I didn't realize the speed of the 2 8gb sticks I thought I had a filter on for a higher speed.

Last edited:
@ Pvt.Dancer

Hello,

Always take caution while upgrading the memory for your server. Servers have their own configuration unlike normal desktops and hence, always check your motherboard or server's manual to see what it supports. If you could let me know your server's model number or the motherboard model number, then I might be able to get you some info about the same? ;)

Also if you could let me know the number of processors installed along with the CPU model that would be great.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Kutless

Back