• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ECS Laptop $598 no rebates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mata2974

ECS notebook, 14.1-inch display, AMD Athlon XP 1600+ , 128MB of RAM, a 40GB hard drive, a DVD-drive, Wi-Fi 802.11b, Windows XP Home Edition, one-year warranty

Brought to you by Wal-Mart

Hmm. Not a bad deal. Laptop looks nice too. Biggest selling points are the USB 2.0 ports and wireless card.

Just double the ram and yo got a nice office laptop. If I had the $$ I would get one just so I can connect to our wifi network here @ home and chat w/ friends in my bed and do school work... hmmm doesnt sound half bad... hehehe.

kindda weak for 600 bucks, last time there was a toshiba wit the 2.8Ghz celly for the same price, 100 dollar rebate though :) but i rather take the 2.8 celly than the 1600+. we still need some power, even though it a lappy, also the toshiba has a bigger screen and more RAM.

you could probably upgrade that 1600 with a Barton 2500XP, or higher, then you have some owesome power.....I doubt if the mobo will allow such.....

mm thats an awesome deal acually.

ecs is reliable as hell, they are built for durability, and to work how they are, not overclock or performance beasts. they get the job done, simple as that, their motherboards just friggen rock for main stream

Back