• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EK no longer makes Maximus Gene Vii SB Block?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pollie

Registered
On the EK configurator tool its under "end-of-life" products. On the webstore it does not even appear.
Why has EK stopped making the South Bridge block? Is there an equivalent solution now? Where could I get one? What is going on here? :(

Theese are the products that I´m talking about:

EK-SB ASUS M6G - Nickel [3831109815359]
SB-ASUS-M6G_front_NA_800.jpg
EK-SB ASUS M6G - Acetal+Nickel [3831109815366]
SB-ASUS-M6G_front_NP_800.jpg

Thanks again!

EDIT: It is in their websore, but it can not be bought. ek-sb-asus-m6g-acetal-nicke

Have you put in the MB you're trying to cool in the Cooling Configurator? Can I also ask, why are you cooling the MB? 99.8% of the time it is not needed. Its all for cosmetics mostly and adds restriction to the loop.

I have put in the board that I´m trying to cool, and there is a drop down in the SB section that says "show EOL products". That is where I see that block.
Purely for aesthetic purposes... it looks so dope :clap:

EDIT: And where are the chipset blocks in the store shown in the chipset section of this link

EDIT 2: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHH

EDIT 3: And even if I found the piece it conflicts with GPUs on the Gene VII loink Any alternatives? I really want to get rid of the stock ROG logo chipset. It makes me want to tear my eyes out, put them in a blender, and feed them to the undead.

Last edited:
I have put in the board that I´m trying to cool, and there is a drop down in the SB section that says "show EOL products". That is where I see that block.
Purely for aesthetic purposes... it looks so dope :clap:

EDIT: And where are the chipset blocks in the store shown in the chipset section of this link

EDIT 2: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHH

EDIT 3: And even if I found the piece it conflicts with GPUs on the Gene VII loink Any alternatives? I really want to get rid of the stock ROG logo chipset. It makes me want to tear my eyes out, put them in a blender, and feed them to the undead.

This is the mosfet block you need : https://shop.ekwb.com/water-blocks/motherboard-blocks/mosfet-blocks/intel-z97-series

And yes we EOL'ed the SB block for a while now. It wasn't selling that much since as soon as you're doing SLI it's in the way of the second GPU.

This is the mosfet block you need : https://shop.ekwb.com/water-blocks/motherboard-blocks/mosfet-blocks/intel-z97-series

And yes we EOL'ed the SB block for a while now. It wasn't selling that much since as soon as you're doing SLI it's in the way of the second GPU.

Thank you for the info. I´m going to try to get my hands on just the bottom block from the bitspower full cover kit, but its sold as a kit... I really do not like their top block, so I will go for the mosfet block that you have suggested and a CPU block also from EK.

It is really an aesthetic thing getting rid of the red ROG south bridge dissipator. Perhaps you could manufacture a lower profile passive unit with your sleek EK design, although that is not really your thing...

Thanks!

P.S. Do any users have a spare bottom dissipator from the bitspower full cover kit? Maybe because the top one started leaking or maybe because you just do not like it? Its for the Gene. Thanks!

Back