• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Embarrassing question about fixing a cpu cooler

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

iniquix

I'm a little embarrassed about this, I'm pretty decent at building computers etc, but I've just brought myself a Be Quiet Dark Rock Advanced CPU cooler, took it out the box and just stood open mouthed at it. How in hell do I put this beast on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

First question, you have a link to it? The name bodes many questions. Sounds odd, bad start..........

Never heard of it. It should have a cooler, screws, a backplate, maybe other stuff like springs, washers, bolts etc. You usually need to remove the Mobo for such installs.

Basically, we need mora information.

You can download the installation manual for this cooler from this page right here. Looks to me like you will have to install it with the motherboard removed from the case each and every time you need to remove it for cleaning, as the backplate doesn't bolt directly to the motherboard on either Intel or AMD platforms. Much better mounting systems out there from other companies.

Back