• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Endeavouros

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ihrsetrdr

Señor Senior Member
Along with Debian, Ubuntu and Fedora I've been running Manjaro...primarily on a Dell and a Lenovo laptop. Along comes Endeavouros, another Arch-Linux derivative, and like Arch and Manjaro, Endeavouros is a rolling release. Like Manjaro, Endeavouros is very smooth, the offline option installs Xfce and the online option provides you with the choice of seven Desktop Environments Xfce, Mate, LXQt, LXDE, Cinnamon, Plasma, Gnome, Budgie, window manager Openbox and tiling window managers i3-WM, BSPWM, Sway and Qtile.
I installed Endeavouros on the x79 desktop machine, in dual boot with Windows 10.

My take: Ubuntu is bloated and sometimes buggy, Fedora is slick and cutting edge but not suitable for production machines. Endeavouros has all of the positive attributes of Arch-Linux, being a rolling release as the main attraction. Included is a graphical installer and a Pacman GUI called Pamac, for package management.

Iirc Endevouros was the successor to Antergos (sad to see you go Antergos). The last time I looked at it, the only DE choices were the basics (gnome, xfce etc). I am glad to know their team kept on with the project. I always felt that Antergos was a positive way for folks to try Arch without the stress. Even though I finally understand how to Install Arch from scratch the gui is welcome. Now I have to put Endevour back on my list of distros for the next reinstall.

I've been hearing a lot of buzz about Garuda Linux. Supposed to be in the same vein as Endeavor, but geard specifically for performance. I haven't had time to test an instance, but it has great word of mouth rep. I've done side by side comparisons of distro from live environments and VM before, but I wonder if a performance specific distro might need a full install for direct access to the hardware.

Back