• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

enough room

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

w1yov5r4on5

Registered
im lookin for advice for the best case for top mounting a 360mm rad at 80mm thick plus 6 fans 25mm thick 3per side with a 3/8 thick shroud per side between both sides of the rad an the fans an case

my current case pick is the Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered Glass Edition SPCC ATX Full Tower Tt LCS Certified Gaming Computer Case CA-1F8-00M1WN-02

my fans are the NF-F12 iPPC-3000 IP67 24V

my budget is 200$ for a case i need 1 that can hold this rad config an have room for a blu-ray burner

the Thermaltake Core X71 bottom rad bays are to be used for the gpu cooling the is for the cpu

Welcome to the Forums W1!

The difficult task for what you're looking for is fitting that much height in the top of a case. The X71 might be the best option but here are some others to look at. Also if you're flexible on locating that monsta rad if you mount it up front instead of on top it will open up your options even more.

Thermaltake WP100
- This is a stacker type case and that lower cabinet (P100) can be mounted at the top or bottom. You can even purchase an additional P100 and have one at the top and one at the bottom. Sadly this one is outside of your budget so it may not be an option.

Thermaltake Tower 900 - This thing is a monster! and at $250 probably the best bang for the buck as far as volume and options.

Cooler Master HAF stacker 935
- Another stacking case. Much cheaper than the TT WP100 but has good options.
Looks like this was recently discontinued. :/

Last edited:
A Corsair 900D comes to mind that should fit a monsta up top but it's past the $200 range.

The corsair 540 air will fit that as the rad is offset from your motherboard and fit your budget. That being said 130 is mm of rad and fan would block the view of the top of your motherboard. In case that's important.

The corsair 540 air will fit that as the rad is offset from your motherboard and fit your budget. That being said 130 is mm of rad and fan would block the view of the top of your motherboard. In case that's important.

dont forget the extra 3/4 inch of shrouds hes wanting to add as well. I'm assuming its between the rad and fan to focus the airflow better.

So basically the OP needs to find a case with (80mm + (25mm x 2 = 50mm) + (3/8" = 9.5mm) = 139.5 or let's just say, 140mm worth of space from top of the case till he hits the MB or just slightly above it. Please excuse my amateur math problem. lol

There are a few cases that can have that kind of room. For one, custom cases that are way beyond your budget like Caselabs and Mountainmods will have that kind of space I believe. There might be some out there from other manufacturers as there are a ton of cases but you might be able to find a more expensive case within your budget if you find the right deal during black friday/cyber monday week.

I would look at Thermaltake or Corsair. I don't know of any other case mfger that might have that kind of spacing.

I honestly believe Blay's example of the TT WP100 with an additional stacker up top is your best bet. Just make 100% sure what you want to do is possible because returning a case I'm sure will be a pain.

If you mount one set of fans on the outside of the case it will give you many more options as far as fans go

Back