• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EP-8RDA3 POST Codes?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

99GrandAmSE

[SOLVED] EP-8RDA3+ POST Code P1?

Hey guys. My girlfriends computer isn't booting up and keeps hanging on the POST. Checked the manual, but 'Appendix E' (where the codes are defined), isn't present in the manual.

The code it displays is 'P1'. Anyone help? Thanks in advance!

*SOLVED - It was a GPU issue, reset the card and everything was good to go*

Last edited:
Didn't get anything when I googled it. Can you veiw or download the manual from the manufacturer's web site? That's an old rig! If it has more than one stick of memory, take all but one out at a time and try each stick individually in each slot.

Try disabling floppy in bios.

Try a different keyboard.

Reseat the video card.

Check to see if the CPU cooling fan is spinning.

Remove all unnecessary add on PCI cards.

Try some basic things like that.

Last edited:
yeah I know its pretty old. haha. was sitting at home and I wanted to try and get it running.

In order to download the manual, I have to register on the site. In order to do that I need the serial # of the board, don't really want to completely take it apart yet.

I can't even get it to do anything other than POST yet. Monitor doesn't come on, keyboard doesn't work. I'll try disabled some of the parts and see if that helps.

I'm PRETTY sure the motherboard is pretty toast, but wanted to check before scrapping it.

thanks

anyway to find out for sure?

and is it fixable or is a new mobo needed?

Back