• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[EPOX 9NPA7I] - PCI/SATA bus lock?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Porvalsh

I have the Epox 9NPA7I motherboard with a Venice 939 at home. Its my old computer, a hand me down to the wife since her laptop broke. It runs pretty good still. I have it running on Win7 and it actually seems pretty quick for basic tasks. She does photo editing and web design, so nothing too intense although we're going to upgrade her soon and make this box a file server.

I put the CoolerMaster V8 heatsink on the chip the other day since I went to watercooling and don't use it anymore. I plan on overclocking further but so far I've overclocked to 270mhz FSB x10. Not a bad start without doing much tweaking.

My question though is about the PCI-E and SATA. I'm unsure if there is a lock on these in the bios and I don't want to burn out hard drives or the PCIe card.

Does anybody have any nForce4 experience and could tell me if these are locked or what not?

Pretty sure all the nF4 chipsets have them locked - at least my A8N32's all do.

Besides, at those speeds you would have already experienced problems if they weren't ... ;)

Pretty sure all the nF4 chipsets have them locked - at least my A8N32's all do.

Besides, at those speeds you would have already experienced problems if they weren't ... ;)

Cool, thanks for the reply bud. Its gonna snow tonight so I might be able to find some time to get the box outside and push the limits a bit more.

Back