• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Error with some prog.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

aguil

Registered
The program frozen
Hi guys!

Since two weeks when i run a prog.after 2 mints. that get frozen.

Well! the message i get is that;

This action cannot be completed because another server is busy... something like this... * i don´t remembered whole message now.

If you check online this message you realize that happend to many people and many progs.

Also i must say,i use some command linelike; msconfig/startUp or msconfig/service, to deactive whole MS system`s service.

For your techs. information i must say, i use Win Xp Pro and that is up to dated also i scanned the OS with whole security progs. i have. those didn´t find nothing.

Any idea how can i resolve this problem?

not sure exactly what your saying, are these programs you have used for some time or just installed?
my first guess would be that the program is not xp compatible like most that are made these days your about 4 operating systems behind now and even most die hard XP fans have since moved on from XP do to compatibility problems,my other guess would be you might have a virus as XP was always plagued by them.
i would suggest moving over to Windows 7 as there has been many improvements over xp and i would say is also much more stable/safer.

Well! that i don´t think because i have same prog. in my PC with the same OS(XP Pro)for years working well, and in my laptop since two weeks ago work perfectly, now i don´t know what happend, alsoi did whole M. window Updated.

Any other suggestion?

maybe the windows update made the program no longer work right?
try to do a system restore to before you had the problem and block any updates that may had caused the problems.

"Some program" is of no value. Try using processhacker and autoruns. Plus, errors are usually NOT related to virus's and malware but in an improperly configured os and or the way you are trying to use it.

Hi guys!

At first a must say sorry to be late because i don´t have Internet at home and must use the library internet.

Well, thanks for yours answers but here i must say i use everything to fix the problem, sacht as; Services.msc, Msconfig, taskmgr commands and also restore the System, unfortunately i didn't get true.

Here also you have whole message what i get when i run the prog.;

This action cannot be completed and because the other
program is busy.Choose ´Switch to` to activate the busy
program and correct the problem.

I installed that prog. in Win7 and i get any problem it runs well, my problem is on Xp pro.

Also i must say i installed Win XP Pro in another empty H.Disk , i did that just to work with that prog.only and in this disk i don´t have any another prog. installed, like antivirus, spyware,etc..)but still i keep having same problem.

I hope i gave this time enough information about my problem.

Waiting for new suggestion.

It would maybe help people diagnose the problem if you gave more information such as the name of the program, version, your system details and things of that nature.

For how long has the program been working? What happened before it stopped working, did you update the program, Windows, installed another piece of hardware, etc.

Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 RT with 120mm Scythe S-Flex F fan
nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti PNY XLR8 1GB GDDR5 822MHz Core Clock
ASUS ATI Radeon HD 5450 [used for HDMI HD sound only]
OCZ Agility 3 180GB SSD
Asus Xonar DX sound card [now taken out - since you do not need a sound card if using video card HDMI out for sound or motherboard toslink out for sound, did you know that?]
Antec nine hundred case, two front 120mm fans, one back 120mm Fan, one top 200mm fan
Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W

My Laptop is MacBook Pro 15-inch

Processor 2.4 GHz intel Core i7(Intel & AMD)
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB
Memory 8 GB.
Sofware Mac OS X lion 10.7.5

But in my laptop i had installed VirtualBox to(up to dated) where XP Pro installed and the prog. in case ,Rhinoceros.

Mac OS and Xp both they'er up to dated.

RhinoCeros version 5 which i worked since 4 years and worked perfectly utile 3 weeks ago, also this one is up to dated.

I did not installed any other hardware in Mac.

In Virtual Box i have Win7 in which this prog. work perfectly.

I hope you have enough information.

Thanks anyway.

So the system is Mac OS X 10.7.5? Wasn't Lion 10.7.5 just released? So when you say the program worked for four years, did it maybe work under Mac OS version other than Lion 10.7.5?

And you say under Apple OS X 10.7.5, the program now works only under Virtual Box Windows 7 but not under Virtual Box Windows XP?

But in any case, could it be that the problem is related to Lion 10.7.5?

I doubt it is related to Lion c627627, as windows is running in a virtual machine. I use VirtualBox extensively, and I have used it for years, so I'm fairly familiar with how it works. Once you have a virtual machine running, the host operating system really doesn't matter to applications running inside the virtualized machine.

It sounds like another process is active in Windows XP, which is interfering with Rhinoceros. Or that the program needs reinstalled within XP.

If I understand you right, you are running Rhino 5, which is a pre-release SDK, and is not a final product. http://www.rhino3d.com/download.htm

I would try running Rhino 4, unless there is some reason you can't. Or I would run Rhino 5 in Windows 7, since it works there according to your previous comments. There are no requirements pages that I can find on their site that report if Rhino5 is intended to run without issue on XP.

Here again!

This prog. version just run on windows and i reinstall few time on Xp but the problem still is there.
This prog. i have installed in Xp which is in VirtualBox, the Win 7 also is on Virtual Box.

I.M.O.G, also i guess the problem. is on some service(window´s service) which run in the backgrand, before i disabled whole services than run the prog. and the result is same, having same problem.

Any other idea?

Back