• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

evga 680i upgrade promotion

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squashfx

just got this email

EVGA is proud to announce the 680i Motherboard Upgrade Promotion.
EVGA is offering a special (1) one time upgrade promotional program
to all of its
(122-CK-NF68-XX)* registered customers. This program is for a limited
time and will run for 60 days. (122-CK-NF68-XX)* customers will be
able to upgrade to the 780i
(132-CK-NF78-XX) motherboard for a one time fee of $89.99 USD or €79.

What do you get for the $89.99 (€79.99)?
• New EVGA 780i Motherboard (132-CK-NF78-XX)
• 3 Way SLI Bridge ($20 USD €14 Value)
• Free Ground Shipping** ($10 USD €7 Value)
• PCI-E 2.0 Slots
• 3 x16 PCI-E Slots
• ESA Certified Platform
• New Upgrade Warranty (–A1 Limited Lifetime / -T1 2 Year Limited
Warranty)

All products must be registered (http://www.evga.com/myEVGA/)
You will need to send in your EVGA 680i Motherboard once you have
been approved for this promotion.

Please visit our website at: http://www.evga.com/680iupgrade/ and
then log in to see this upgrade offer.

Thank you,
EVGA Marketing

Nice! I think I'll be taking advantage of this promotion.

EDIT: Ouch. No cross shipping, and original invoice is required. Once again, eVGA, what's the point of registering a product if we have to hang on to original invoices for promotions like these?

FAQs:

Terms & Conditions / FAQ:
* What EVGA Motherboard part numbers qualify for the program?
122-CK-NF68-XX - (XX denotes the different packing types)
122-CK-NF68-RX WILL NOT be eligible for this promotion as this was sold as a recertified product.

How long does EVGA take to process my request once they receive my motherboard?
EVGA's average processing time is 2-3 business days

I own more than (1)one 122-CK-NF68-XX, can I upgrade more than one?
Yes, as long as you have an invoice for the purchase and you are the original owner then you can upgrade your product.

I have made modifications to my 680i motherboard (i.e. conformal coating, hardware modifications, etc), is my motherboard still eligible?
No, modified motherboards will not be eligible.

I purchased my product from EBAY, do I qualify?
Products purchased from EBAY are NOT eligible for this promotion.

Will EVGA offer cross shipping for this upgrade program?
There will be NO cross shipping option for this program.

When will my new 780i Board Ship?
You will be placed in a queue and once EVGA has product available you will be notified via email to ship your board to EVGA. Once EVGA receives your board, you will be charged and the new 780i board will be shipped.

When will my credit card be charged?
You will be charged once EVGA receives your motherboard in like new condition.

Will this require a proof of purchase?
Yes, as part of the registration/approval processes you will need to upload a copy of your original invoice.

What if I did an RMA do I use the original invoice?
Yes, if you have done an RMA you will still be required to upload a copy of your original purchase invoice, NOT the RMA invoice from EVGA.

Can I select a faster shipping method?
Yes you will have the option to select a faster shipping method, but you will be responsible for the cost difference.

What do I need to send in with my package?
You will need to ship back the motherboard plus all accessories that you received with your original purchase

What if I am missing some accessories, will I be charged?
There will be an additional $15 at the discretion of the EVGA RMA department when the product is received and processed.

When should I ship my product back to EVGA?
You will receive an email with your RMA number with shipping instructions when we have product allocated for you.

Your website says backorder, should I still send in my motherboard when I get the RMA number?
Yes, by receiving this RMA number EVGA has allocated a product upgrade for you and is ready to recieve your motherboard.

I have EVGA Bucks can I use them?
Per the terms and conditions of the EVGA Bucks, they are not valid with any other promotion or offer.

This program is not valid with any other offers or promotions.

EVGA reserves the right to terminate or cancel this promotion at anytime.

Haha, Eric. You know what's funny? I was talking to my office mate earlier today. He said that he just read about a mobo step-up from evga that allows you to step up the 680i to 780i. I said, oh crap, one of my e-buddies was looking to do this and that I need to tell him about it. I told him to link me to the post where he read about it, and he linked me here. Quite a coincidence, eh?

as for no cross shipping and gettin peeved about it (not that anyone has yet) its just like their setup up program for gfx cards.. they are doing this for YOU.

Sweet deal, didnt even know nvidia was commin out with a new chipset.

evga has alot of balls asking for my mobo I paid $230 for plus another $90 for the 780i thats $320 lmao

I would rather sell it and then just buy a 780i if I wanted it.

evga has alot of balls asking for my mobo I paid $230 for plus another $90 for the 780i thats $320 lmao

That is about where I am on this.
If the 780i was about $300 then this would be a better deal.
But I will probably end up doing it anyway so I can support the new quads.

~Magick_Man~

Nobody is going to give you $230.00 for your board.

SAPPHIRE 100215L Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Retail
Item #: N82E16814102713
Return Policy: Limited Non-Refundable 30-Day Return Policy
Track 1 ASUS MAXIMUS EXTREME LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Item #: N82E16813131235
Return Policy: Limited Non-Refundable 30-Day Return Policy
Track 1 CORSAIR 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN3X20481800C7DFIN - Retail
Item #: N82E16820145188
Return Policy: Standard Return Policy

there is my newegg order due to all this! Nvidia, don't tell me that a board will support 45nm and then not come through. EVGA and Nvidia; Make it right and an extra $100 is not right, it is wrong. I truly hope this is not to do with Intel-SLI rights and support because there will be SLI on Intel weather Nvidia likes it or not. Nvidia has lost this sale and many others. My $.02.
Anyone want a 680i and a 8800 Ultra check the classies!

Also looks like evga plans on starting a step up program for all their motherboards...

Top right corner.
13-188-024-02.jpg

Why are there so many threads on the 780i?!?!

Nobody is going to give you $230.00 for your board.

i didnt say anyone was going to give me $230 for my board.

what i was saying is why should I give them $90 after I paid $230 already....

when we step up with video cards we pay the difference not some inflated fee.

this isnt a deal and people need to open their eyes, the mobo is $260 on eVGA's site and was 250 yesterday.

not to mention that this is still in effect the same board as the 680i. So we give them almost $100 for what should be $20 and they give us a board that will do what the other board was said to do in the first place. BS NVidia, BS...

It is a little irritating that the 680i doesn't support the 45nm Intel processors, which was a factor in my purchasing decision.

Dissapointed that my 122-CK-NF63-TR board is not eligble for the step up, I thought all evga products are eligble for step up within the 90 day window:confused:

Dissapointed that my 122-CK-NF63-TR board is not eligble for the step up, I thought all evga products are eligble for step up within the 90 day window:confused:

That applies only to graphics cards. While it appears that eVGA is instituting a step-up program for motherboards, this is a special promotion for current 680i owners.

Back