• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Evga 8800GT With Accelero S1 Results :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Any word on how this would stack up against the HR-03 GT? I had an HR-03 on my 7900GT (that I bought from you haha) and I loved it. I'm just not sure it's worth it at over 2x the price. I def. need to replace this stock cooler though, it's way too loud and WAY too hot.

Any word on how this would stack up against the HR-03 GT? I had an HR-03 on my 7900GT (that I bought from you haha) and I loved it. I'm just not sure it's worth it at over 2x the price. I def. need to replace this stock cooler though, it's way too loud and WAY too hot.

Off the top of my head I say they preform the same. You'll have to check as I have to leave right now :)

I think I will buy this then. Rummy's temps seem great to me, and I like how this is a much lower profile sink.

Looks like I'm buying myself an early xmas present hehe.

Very nice.
Just ran across a thread at silentpcreview on these as well. I'll certainly be looking at these in a month or so.

My turn :D

finally got the cooler today, peeled of the stock adhesive on the ramsinks which was a real PITA but it was worth it, really worth it :D

first random pics of the heatsink and card

They used alot of goop on my chip :D

Installed without fan

Installed with fan(fan placement is a bit to the right to also cool the mosfets)

It barely fits in my case :D

Ok and now for the testing

Idle temps: 34c

Load temps: 42c! yes that's lower than the card idling with the stock HSF on 60%

Last edited:

I got mine... I run under 40C load at max clock of 738/1828/999
Typical clock 730/1782/928 seems to work perfectly at or just under 40C load.

I play around with my clocks alot but after I moved some things around my temp droped from whats in my sig.

I have one of the antec P180 case fans that came with my Case attached to the heatsink :) I can't wait to add more voltage to it though when I get time.

i have the S2 on my 8600GT and it's dropped idle temps 10C and load temps 28C these things are great! i only used 4 of the 8 ram sinks and haven't had any problems with them falling off with the stock tape.

Before
IDLE: 47C
LOAD: 75C

After
IDLE: 37C
LOAD: 47C

thats at stock settings (576/750/1300) with two no name 80mm fans on it.

i have voltmodded my card and got a max temp of 60C at vcore 1.65 and on the vmem 2.05 with my clocks at 870/945/1964.

like i said these cooler are a wicked price/performance product.

My nVIDIA 8800GT with Accelero S1 and AC silent Turbo Modules.

Bios: nVidia 8800GT 512mb 1.1v bios mod
Thermal Paste: Stock S1 pasting (MX-2 arriving, should go down by 2-4C)
CPU: Intel e6300 @3.35GHZ 1.375v w/ Tuniq Tower 120mm Fan @ 30%
RAM: Corsair XMS2 PC6400 DDR800mhz @ 956mhz (478FSBx2)

3DMark '06, NOT A QUAD CORE!
#1:*Boosted up 150+ points from a small stable cpu OC.*
#2:*Boosted up about 100 points from a small memory OC on the 8800GT*
#3:*Boosted up 30 points, downclocked CPU due to unstability in Crysis, and OC'd 8800GT a bit further to: 795/1907/1030*
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm06=4374272

OVERCLOCKS!!!

||PICTURES||
Idle: 36C /// 8mins+ ATITool Load: 46C
Overclock #1 w/ warmer 23C room temperature and slow-speed side case fans
Idle: 34C /// 11mins+ ATITool Load: 43-44C (Ups and Downs every once in awhile.)
Overclock #2 w/ warm 21C room temperature and medium-speed side case fans

Last edited:
I've really convinced a lot of people huh :eh?:

:santa:

Glad you all like them.

I'll try to get some IC7 on the GPU, but since it was already using MX-2, which is non conductive (even if there seemed to be a lot of it). Should hopefully be soon ;)

any link to the bios mod?
i have my 8800gt at 800core/2000shader/1000mem on stock bios.
i think with a bit of voltage it can jump?

any link to the bios mod?
i have my 8800gt at 800core/2000shader/1000mem on stock bios.
i think with a bit of voltage it can jump?

Just download nibitor, then read the bios into nibitor (one of those button on top) and then change the voltage under "extras" (in the middle bar) to 1.1v and save it.

Back