• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Gaming iCX Video Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

EVGA has been on the forefront of GPU technology since they came on the scene back in 1999. Fast forward numerous years and accolades later, we come to another turning point, a deeper integration of the GPU with their new iCX Technology. This new integration will help keep cards cool where it needs to be cooled allowing for better control of thermals and fan noise. The first implementation of this technology comes in the form of the EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 Gaming iCX sporting the new iCX cooler, an evolution of their formidable ACX cooling solution. We will take a look at some of the changes, and have a lot of other cool things to show you in this review, including a tour of the new EVGA facility where we learned about all the new technology on the card. Read on!

Click here to view the article.

As usual, nicely written! The virtual ride along at EVGA was a nice addition to the review, as well. Their quick response and ongoing efforts over the VRM non event keep them at the top of my recommendations for nvidia GPUs. Unless you just have to have a white one. Then, well, you know.... :)

Nice job Joe, thanks for taking the time :thup:

Very cool card

Sure these features will be implemented on the hopefully incoming Ti version

Nice write up!

The link to the "$99 upgrade program" sparked my interest. I contacted EVGA yesterday, and they are not offering any sort of cross-ship option with it. So, if you can be without your GPU for up to 4 weeks then this is for you! (I doubt very many people will use this because of the long turn around time.)

What about the top plate?

Great article! Did you by chance take any pictures of the bottom of the top plate with the fans and the leds? I'm trying to locate the RGB header or at least figure out where the RGB cable is. Thanks.

I did not tale that apart, sorry. The headers on the pcb are by the front (towards the outputs) close to the pcie connector. The other is towards the back of the card on about the same axis (low)

In your pictures, I only saw three headers: 2 4-pin headers down low by the PCIe connector (I assume they are the fan headers) and a very small 6-pin header at the end furthest from the outputs. Are you saying there are more headers near the outputs?

Back