• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA Support

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Culbrelai

Just got done chatting (via their question system, minus well have been instant messaging) with EVGA's support, it was fantastic, so quick like I said we could've been on facebook messenger. Quickly stated what I already knew, the rep wasn't dismissive, arrogant, or anything, quite awesome. Hopefully my dual X5650s will be working in this new SR-2... although I could use some advice...

If you lost the covers for the CPU sockets, what would you put in they're place for shipping?

I had this same issue. They say that they have to be in place for returns, but when I asked my rep this question, he said what they meant was that if you ship a CPU or board back without the covers, and damage occurs to the pins/socket, they are not liable.

I would just double check with your rep and confirm this is still the case.

Heh, I could just ship it with my E5620s in the sockets, I mean I'm not using them anymore...

But I'll check, thanks. I just threw them out not even thinking, they seemed like disposable pieces of plastic.

If you lost the covers for the CPU sockets, what would you put in they're place for shipping?

I just buy new ones on ebay for any boards I have (or get) that don't have any. I'd recommend that, as they're fairly cheap and relatively easy to find.

Also, I had an experience with their support earlier this year. I was a little worried that since I didn't have the original receipt that they might not accept my RMA request. Surprisingly though, they never even asked about the original receipt or where it was purchased. I got my item replaced under warranty without any problems and the replacement worked just fine.

Yeah, that sucks man, what a PITA. Don't worry, they have good customer support, I'm sure you'll have it back to new in no time!

Quick update. Apparently when I was removing my second GTX 670 the second little pin came out from the PCI-E slot (the thing you lift up to remove the card, tiny plastic tab) and they want me to pay $75...

lol -_-

Just my luck too my debit card has been frozen due to suspected activity which I verified is indeed fraudulent. Hopefully I don't have to go to the bank in person to get a new card ... ugh. What a cluster

Back