• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Expert GPU cooling advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

eco_bach

Hi
Contemplating a 2nd or even possibly a 3rd GPU for my setup

I’m currently running a single Titan XP(2016) without water cooling and considering a 2nd GTX 1080 ti.
If I boost fan speed can stay at or below 70C but without hit the high 80s.

1st question
Water cooling for my GPU(s), must have or nice to have?

2nd
If water cooling is a must have, any specific recommendations?
I'm using an ekweb predator 360 for my CPU.

and lastly, should I be concerned at all about additional power requirements if I currently have a 1000w psu?

Thanks for any and all feedback

Attachments

• new_wc2.jpg
    new_wc2.jpg
    1,004.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_1360.JPG
    IMG_1360.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
Assuming you're looking to get a second GPU for SLI, you can only match the same series model with each other so its either two Titan X's (2016) or 1080 Ti's, AFAIK. If you're just using the Titan X for other means (Physx, etc.) and looking to upgrade your gaming graphics to a 1080 Ti which wouldn't make sense since they're both almost equal in performance with the 1080 Ti with a slight improvement, than I can see why you're doing this but still doesn't make sense to me either way. No biggie though, your funds.

1. Nice to have for cooler temps and lower audibles and of course, expensive.

2. You could possibly get a EK pre-filled GPU waterblock and add that to the existing loop via QDC's and possibly some more rad, that's if the pump is capable of handling all of that.

3. Your PSU is fine.

I would just get a hold of EK and see what they have to say about all of that.

That power supply will feed an OC'd FX 9590, two OC'd Titan Xps, all the RGB LEDs that will fit in the case, and water cooling everything in the box. Twice. And have enough left over for any marital aids you and the neighbors have laying around. Just sayin'. :D

Back