• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FAHClient v7.4.4 Has Gone Public

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

'Cuda340

Very Welcoming Senior, Premium Member #11
FAHClient v7.4.4 Public Release

Postby jcoffland » Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:23 am
Public Release

Overview

This release adds a new and improved Web interface which is cleaner, hopefully more intuitive and displays your personal and team points.
FAHViewer can now display proteins from FahCore_17 (JSON Data).
In addition, there are a number of bug fixes and enhancements over the last public v7.3.6 release.

Documentation

Installation and user guides can be found here:

Pictorial Installation Guide (Windows) -> A detailed pictorial guide of the V7 installation.
Pictorial Installation Guide (Linux) -> A detailed pictorial guide of the V7 installation.
Pictorial Installation Guide (OSX) -> A detailed pictorial guide of the V7 installation.
FahControl -> The Graphical User Interface (GUI) that controls the Slots.
FahViewer -> It shows the protein being folded, if applicable.
Client Remote Interface -> Documentation for 3rd party developers.
Main Page -> Main page of the V7.

Getting Help

Aside from the documentation the best place to get help is in this forum. If you do have a problem post a message. There are many knowledgeable people ready and willing to help. Keep in mind, we greatly appreciate thorough reports delivered by patient people who can keep a cool head even when things go wrong.

Change Logs:

FAHClient:

v7.4.4:

Fixed failure to update GPUs.txt file.
Don't delete slots on initialization error.
Always allow 127.0.0.1 (localhost) to connect to FAHClient.
Tweaks to Web control.
Don't display points for Anonymous or team 0.

Download Folding@Home

Source

Last edited:
Based on the following i would say yes ..........but i still run v6 for the most part. :shrug:

We are very happy to announce the release of our latest Folding@home desktop client. This version sports a new streamlined Web interface as well as numerous improvements to the user experience and folding performance. Both our internal and beta testing teams have worked hard to ensure that this is one of the best tested and most stable Folding@home clients to date.

The new Web interface was designed to be easier than ever to use. It now displays your user and team points and has a very clear start and stop button and a power slider bar which allows you to quickly control how much of your computing resources are contributed. Power users can continue to use the FAHControl advanced interface which enables monitoring and control of entire folding farms.

Here is a guest post by Joseph Coffland, Folding@home Developer

I need HFM to monitor my farm and have stayed at client 7.29 on all my hosts, both windows and linux. All the ver 7.xx run the same cores and get same assignments, which is what does the crunching. The rest is basically interface and ease of use/configuration.

I just installed it on an alternate boot but ising the data files (/var/lib/fahclient) from a 7.4.2 installation. I had to enable the GPU slot (which I did) and I get:

Code:
12:54:53:WU01:FS01:Running FahCore: /usr/bin/FAHCoreWrapper /mnt/mint/var/lib/fahclient/cores/www.stanford.edu/~pande/Linux/AMD64/NVIDIA/Fermi/Core_17.fah/FahCore_17 -dir 01 -suffix 01 -version 704 -lifeline 5525 -checkpoint 15 -gpu 0 -gpu-vendor nvidia
12:54:53:WU01:FS01:Started FahCore on PID 5590
12:54:53:WU01:FS01:Core PID:5594
12:54:53:WU01:FS01:FahCore 0x17 started
12:54:54:WARNING:WU01:FS01:FahCore returned: UNKNOWN_ENUM (127 = 0x7f)

That series of log messages repeats.

Searched the error from your log. Found a couple of cases were the error was gpu driver related....

As usual I will wait a few months before upgrading so the bugs get worked out first - nothing worse than fooling around with an interface that won't quite do what you think it should be doing.

Known issue......harlam is aware of it & will fix when able.....

But . . . but . . . I have new toys to play with and measure and stuff.

I want to see numbers that might be new PPDs generating as I watch! :popcorn:

I do not want to wait. :mad:

WAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaa :cry: :cry:

OK. I feel better now. :blah:

As usual I will wait a few months before upgrading so the bugs get worked out first - nothing worse than fooling around with an interface that won't quite do what you think it should be doing.

This was publicly released over two months ago.

orion456 said:
Even setting compatibility to XP or 7 doesn't help?

It's a capitalization issue, not a Windows compatibility issue. Previously, v7 was outputting the Idle field using "true" or "false", and starting in 7.4.0 that was changed to "True" and "False", which I believe it was supposed to have been all along. HFM only looked for the uncapitalized output and wasn't set to translate the capitalized versions into a form it recognized.

We all do but clearly harlam has not had the opportunity.......

His last comment on the matter (Mar 2014)

Folks have reported an issue with HFM parsing data coming from the v7.4 client. Something I need to fix in the next update. Wish I could do something about it sooner but things going on in RL are more pressing right now.

foldon.gif

We all do but clearly harlam has not had the opportunity.......

His last comment on the matter (Mar 2014)

Folks have reported an issue with HFM parsing data coming from the v7.4 client. Something I need to fix in the next update. Wish I could do something about it sooner but things going on in RL are more pressing right now.

Snort . . .
I mean ..
Like . . .
He has a REAL life?!

We must respect RL. I am still on 7.3.6 because of HFM. Little teaset by folks saying 7.4 can view other clienst in the client itself but...HFM is so much more!

Back