• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Familiar with the CM Hyper 212 Evo?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bosco

Just received mine and installed it, much better design then stock Intel push pins.

The way CM has the fan clipped looks to be blowing rather then exhausting so I put the fan up top. Is this the best configuration? Its 90 fahrenheit in this upstairs bedroom (just turned the AC on so hopefully that improves soon).

According to speedfan 4.46 I'm seeing my gpu at 39C, hd at 30c, cpu cores ranging from 32 to 36c.

My two top 140mm fans are exhausting air out the top, this Hyper 212 evo fan is blowing air thru the fins downward. Is this whats known as the push-pull flow?

Have 2 140mm fans pulling air in front
Have 2 140mm fans exhausting at the top
Have 1 120mm rear exhaust fan

You should position the heatsink/fan so that the hot air is blowing directly into one of your exhaust fans if at all possible. Push/Pull config is when you put two fans on the heatsink, one pushing air in and another pulling it out the other side. Its to help overcome the resistance of the fins and get more air through. In general its better to just install a single stronger fan though.

Thanks, guys.
:)

So I guess I'll just twist it sideways with fan facing heatsinks, right? This should blow air thru fins towards the rear exhaust I think.

(cores at moment are 26 to 30c, HD 27c, gpu 35c)

I've found recently that if I have 3x fan intakes (2x side and 1x bottom) on my case, and my Noctua blowing towards the back of the casewith no exhaust fans the air still comes out the back and up the top with no real increase in temps while gaming, saves on noise too.

It may be worth experimenting with. Setting your case up with positive air pressure generally helps lower noise and decreases the amount of dust in your case.

What a nightmare last night. I must have put the screw things into the standoffs too tight because I cross threaded (stripped badly) 5 of the 6 MaTx risers. I had a hell of a time getting the board out, I flexed it badly and didn't get it out till late last night.

Wasn't worth changing the 212 evo config to me.

Bought another case locally today with EXTRA standoffs (but my Matx board now only uses 4 the way the case is set up. Its an Antec 902 V3. 200mm on top, two 120's up front, one 120 in rear.

She's not much for looks (and the clearance between my video card and the 212 Evo turned sideways (facing ram) is less then 1 1/4th of an inch. Had to use a Bic pen to hold down the video card plastic retention latch while I pushed the card in.

temps kickin butt in this case.

My wife wanted to BUY the Lian Li pc-k63 off me so I just sold it. It cooled fairly well but FLIMSY build quality.

Last edited:
Now that I've increased the rear exhaust fan to HIGH rather then LOW my case temps, gpu temps and cpu temps dropped another 2-5 c.

This primitive looking Antec case has very good thermals and the ability to control all the fans via fan controllers (included) certainly helps.

Yeah, the 902's not a bad case and typical Antec build quality. I'd have to say the strengh of Antec cases is generally better than Silverstone and Lian Li cases, and the airflow is generally very good on them also.

A shame about the Lian Li. It's a nice looking case.

My wife always gets my 2-3 yr old pc's FREE. I'm shocked she offered cash to buy the Lancool, and I did not turn it down. She gets monitors and HDTV's free from me (Xmas, her birthdays) so I guess maybe she thought it was $100 well spent, lol.

Maybe, but then I've never been able to understand women..... They confuse me..... Still, that Antec will last you untill long after you're tired of it. I reckon you could run over it with a 4wd and appart from scratches they'd still be ok..... Not sure I'd want to test it out though :D

Ya, man.

The Antec is known for being heavy and durable. After punching a hole through the front of that Lian Li TWICE merely unscrewing the top fan to get at the bottom fan (was doa on arrival + was replacing it) I wanted heavy and durable.

I have a neighbor that volunteered to cut me out an exact replaca of the pc-k63 front panel with 1.0 secc steel when he gets the spare time. He has mad skills with steel + cutting tools (unlike myself).

BTW, sorry if I came across rather blunt before. Its just that my first night here we had an exchange (well you said something to me) that didn't register as welcoming. I didn't respond the same way but I didn't exactly dismiss it from my mind.

So we are even I guess, mate.

Cheers.
:)

Sorry mate, I do try not to get on peoples nerves though I never intend to upset anyone. If I do disagree with something I tend to say so, if I agree then I say so too. I guess for the most part I'm lucky that many people on here are simply used to me :shrug:

I'm not sure which one we're referring to though as I've the memory of a goldfish unless it comes to computer related stuff.... Sorry if I came across badly. It's not how I want to be seen......

I'm guessing the top panel on that Lian Li Lancool was aluminum.... Tends to be uber soft.... A shame, looks like a sweet case. I guess I'm lucky Silverstone only use Aluminum for the front, and thats 8mm thick :D

Back