• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fan vs blower on a rad (pics)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I have a mesh grill over each of the dual ports on my blower. I occasionally pick a few stray objects out of it... stuff like... post-its and rodents.

Also...

For those of you talking about typical push/pull methods... Blowers can't be made to run backwards. They pull in air through the middle of the axis and push it according to the surrounding chasis. Most blowers have a single outlet and a single inlet. The fan itself hardly moves any air unless mounted in a proper chasis. The shrouds are often made by aftermarket companies, depending on their needs. That is why most 'fan' manufacturers advertise their blower fans, not a completed blower chasis. It's the overstock / surplus dealers that get ahold of the 'finished' product.

SO... if you wanted a push / pull configuration with a blower, you would either need a blower with a standard axial fan, or some nifty mounting in which the side inlet of the radial fan mounted to the 'pull' side of the radiator. That would look really stupid though.

jhl3 said:
There is no better way to test something than to expose yourself to self-mutilation.
damn straight!.. yea.. umm.. :cough:

jhl3 said:
Outstanding. I like that. You're harder than woodpecker lips.
hehe, thanks, my dremel did most of the work :) antec cases are thick skinned

vonkaar said:
I have a mesh grill over each of the dual ports on my blower. I occasionally pick a few stray objects out of it... stuff like... post-its and rodents.
uh..... i'll start looking for the grill now

cstarritt said:
lol, there are 24hr home depots out there, i know my dad used to work at one
i live in getto concord, old people retire here.
i'm lucky to find a store thats still open after work or school (about ~10pm)

Quiet as a mouse ^_^. Seriously... I don't have a 120 that's quieter... and some of ya'll might remember how many 120s I've had. Supposedly, it pushes 670cfm at 60Dba. But... I've heard 60Dba fans before and this thing seems way quieter than that. Maybe EBM is being generous with their noise ratings... shrug.

I sort of feel like I'm crapping on his thread talking about my stuff like this.

I'm glad the blower worked out for you Korndog. Definitely leave that thing out in front... you can never underestimate the value of a mean looking blower in places you wouldn't expect =p. It could give your case an automotive... MUSCULAR look to it :p. As long as the inlet is left unobstructed, your front bezel should fit right over that with little trouble (dremeled to hell, of course).

if he stuck his finger in that he would probobly go into shock when he pulled out his hand and saw a stump and therfor not feel a thing.

vonkaar said:
I'm glad the blower worked out for you Korndog. Definitely leave that thing out in front... you can never underestimate the value of a mean looking blower in places you wouldn't expect =p. It could give your case an automotive... MUSCULAR look to it :p. As long as the inlet is left unobstructed, your front bezel should fit right over that with little trouble (dremeled to hell, of course).

thanks man!
yea, gotta go for the car look.. blower in front, cooling system inside, and chrome pipe on the back.. yep almost there ;)
as for muscular, my lack of it is starting to show, this thing just gained 3 more lbs making it over 55lbs, can't left it one handed anymore :(

vonkaar said:
PM me, I really really don't want to take any more emphasis off Korndog's nice review.

lol, its cool dude, the thread is about blowers anyways right? ;)

KD, I didn't see any Torin DDG 75-80 24v 14watts on the torin-sifan site...

Could you double check that model name/number?
Also, from where did you buy it?

iNSiGMA said:
KD, I didn't see any Torin DDG 75-80 24v 14watts on the torin-sifan site...

Could you double check that model name/number?
Also, from where did you buy it?

yea its a discontinued model, thats what torin (or maybe their main retailer, i forget ??) told me when i emailed them for the info about it.
i'm sure about the model name, u can even reconfirm in the picture.
i got it from the surpluscenter.com

Back