• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Father Newegg delivering toys tomorrow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

btoups

Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80601920 - Retail

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 3GB (3 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Triple Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TR3X3G1600C8D - Retail

MSI X58 Platinum LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Velociraptor 300gb

Seagate 1tb 7200.11

VisionTek HD 4870

I wonder if I can get her up to 4ghz?

8 threads of Seti crunch Powah!

Heck yeah, you should be able to crack 4 gigs on good air cooling with some effort and patience. Either that or peeps are getting a ton of golden chips...

hmmm that brings up an interesting thought

since i7 is multithreaded would running cuda(s) use one thread or one core?

i could never get cuda working... either it would crunch 4 wu's on the cpu or 1 wu on my gpu but it would never do all 5 at once.. anyone ever figure out how to get the cuda thing to work properly??

I weighed my options, I have always liked the ATI chips. So I went with my gut. They seem to offer the best performance for price.

The build begins NOW!!!

i could never get cuda working... either it would crunch 4 wu's on the cpu or 1 wu on my gpu but it would never do all 5 at once.. anyone ever figure out how to get the cuda thing to work properly??
According to the SETI CUDA FAQ, you are only able to run one at a time.

Currently the Cuda application occupies (but does not fully use) one core. Thus you can on a Q6600, run 3 cores of SETI and one core of CUDA SETI. I anticipate that CUDA will be releasing the balance of the core in the near future.

Glad you have that beast! It will make up for the loss of a machine on my farm and then some.

My X3210 mobo let the smoke out Saturday afternoon while I was at work. It was a nice smell to come home to. lol

That cpu is in another rig that I had converted to SETI about a week ago (was an old e6300 that was running Rosetta). Overall, I do not believe my points will change much except for about 30 days or so.

Still trying to decide if I want to rebuild the dead comp or not. o_O Of course, Landshark's x3210 in the classies (http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=589802) would be a fitting upgrade to my e6400 that I still have running... Hmm, decisions, decisions.

Gotta love that smell. I have "let the smoke out" of some equipment in my time. Lets just hope not this kit.

I am going to get the Pentium D it replaced into the wifes computer.

Rough estimates put it somewhere in the 6-7k range at its current stock clock. Hopefully can get that to 9k with an OC!!!!

Still havent bought the new powersupply. Looking for suggestions in the 850watt size. If you have an opinion let me know.

P.S. Worth mentioning this thing cranks out workunits as fast as my dual quad core xeons!!!!! (May be exaggerating a little)

Server
http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/show_host_detail.php?hostid=4696926

Core I7 stock
http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/show_host_detail.php?hostid=4728265

Last edited:
It just broke 7000rac running at 3ghz. May try bumping up to 3.4 ghz and watch the temps.

RAC is still climbing slowly. Up to 7260 now, but I dont see it getting much higher.

Back