• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Feedback on XP Pro RC1 64 bit free from MS

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cisco Kid

I have been thinking of installing the RC1 XP Pro on my sli desktop and notebooK both are A64, is the software decent are there some issues I can expect.

Since it is free with key for a year I figure may as well try it and see how long I can go without a format

feedback?

I think XP 64 bit is @ RC2 and is getting ready to be released shorty. RC2 has the XP GUI, RC1 still has the Windows 2000 looking GUI. I have used RC1 and didn't really like it very much. I have RC2 but haven't bothered to install it. A friend of mine (sipherblade on the forums) had it installed on his machine and he said he didn't really like it very much. The drivers are the biggest pain in the arse but other than that and no XP like GUI in RC1 it's not really that bad. BTW here's where I got my 64 bit drivers from.

Back