• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Few pictures of my watercooled PC, about 95% complete

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IYIENACE

I'm trying to understand your air flow direction across your rad. It looks like you have a fan on the back blowing on to the rad. Then the rad is mounted near the fan mounted on the back of the case. Which way are those two fans blowing air?

first this should be move to project logs .

second Very sleek and sexy case set up you got there. check my southpark project like ina week or 2 I am doing the same thing sort of i give this work 4-5 ( would have gave it a 5 if it stood out more hehe )

Etacovda said:
The difference between the hottest and coldest parts of any loop is less than 1 degree C (generally in the region of 0.25C). Order doesnt really matter; plumb how its convieniant. (man, i get sick of typing that, i should put it in a notepad on my desktop :p)

hes a braver man than me, though - no way any water system that goes near my hardware doesnt have hose clamps on everything.

This is true, but when you have a reservoir in your loop, order of parts does matter. You really need to have the pump pulling from the reservoir and not pumping into it to maximize flow. Because he's pulling from the radiator he does have a little big of cavitation and I'm sure his temps aren't quite as good as they could be.

Etacovda said:
hes a braver man than me, though - no way any water system that goes near my hardware doesnt have hose clamps on everything.

Under any other circumstances I would definitely agree, but the fittings I put on my Mag 3 are 5/8" id. On the inlet you can see the hose isn't pushed completely on; the truth is I couldn't get it to bottom out. The hose is on there so tight I swear to pull it off would probably pull the fittings out, threads and all. :thup:
It is on there. I took it off before to route things differently and ended up cutting the hose at the fitting & finally splitting the hose to get it off lol.

Alacritan said:
That's what I told him, but there are logistical problems with that it seems. He would have arranged it that way but lack of space won't allow it.

Give this man a cigar. :cool:

BigStan said:
IYIENACE

I'm trying to understand your air flow direction across your rad. It looks like you have a fan on the back blowing on to the rad. Then the rad is mounted near the fan mounted on the back of the case. Which way are those two fans blowing air?

Yessir. I reversed the airflow/fan at the back of the case. Air is pulled in through the fan, through the heatercore and through the 2nd 120mm fan.
There is a 3rd 120mm fan in the front of the case (also reversed) now acting as an exhaust fan. It is between the HDD rack and front cover in the factory location.
If it becomes an issue I'll put a diverter for the PSU exhaust fan to prevent pulling it directly back in across the heatercore.

Thanks DerekDRP. I'll be sure to check yours out. ;)

(HR)Titan said:
very nice job

keep going

Thanks man. :beer:

Slap some zip ties on there and you're about as good as you're going to get. You did replace the o-ring on the Mag 3's intake with silicone sealant, right?

One thing you might want to consider:

Use your 120mm rad as a blowhole and put the reservoir on the back of the case. That way you can pull from the res and not change the layout of your tubing at all. When you consider your primary source of case heat is your CPU and all of that heat is being dumped into the water, your case temps should be low enough that using the radiator as an exhaust instead of an intake won't make any noticable difference. If anything your temps will improve because you'll have better flow. Something to consider, just swapping the rad and the reservoir. Of course, you would have to cut a 120mm hole in the top of your case then.

Back