• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Figured out how to keep my 2nd 9600 GS0 fan working right

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Audioaficionado

Sparkomatic Moderator
I'd all but given up on my second GSO card. It wouldn't run the fan fast enough and kept overheating. Standard fixed fan duty cycles of 85% wouldn't hold in Rivatuner. It kept dropping back to the stock card BIOS settings that are way too lenient.

Here's the trick that worked for me:

Now I'll be getting an extra 3500 PPD :D

Last edited:
It seems that I have seen a guide somewhere to just add these type of settings to the cards BIOS, which you would then reflash the card with. That way, if you wanted to move the card to a new rig, you wouldn't need to install RivaTuner. You can also add in your OC settings, so the card just runs that way on install.

In the case of my loud fan, I just removed the stock cooler and went water. Since then, I haven't looked back.:D

Linky I am not sure about where I had seen the guide, but I was able to find the editor. I will have a look around later and see if I can find the guide.:thup:

Last edited:
If you flash the BIOS, you most likely will void the warranty, but if you software O/C, most good cards like EVGA will still cover you. Just sayin'...

I actually have a 7900GTX that overheats. I run furmark and it gets to 90Celcius. I installed riva tuner and changed the fan to run at max. Now it runs at 72Celcius under furmark..... that article on how to change the setting in the BIOS would be helpful.

If you flash the BIOS, you most likely will void the warranty, but if you software O/C, most good cards like EVGA will still cover you. Just sayin'...

Warranty? We don't need to stinking warranty!:p

I actually have a 7900GTX that overheats. I run furmark and it gets to 90Celcius. I installed riva tuner and changed the fan to run at max. Now it runs at 72Celcius under furmark..... that article on how to change the setting in the BIOS would be helpful.

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/Video-Tweak/NVIDIA-BIOS-Editor.shtml

It's not the same link I remember seeing before, but pretty much all of the info you need is there.:thup:

Back