• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Final comments on my build before I buy.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ninth

God, this build is so much a product of this forum I'm considering naming it my OCF box...(I say this in all honesty, with thanks to all of you, I would still be banging my head against my original build concepts if it wasn't for here), but I've finally narrowed it down to one part in each catagory (instead of, "which out of these 30 GPU's should I get")
Tl;dr version, here's the build.

Case

COOLER MASTER Stacker RC-832 320$

CPU

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 209$

Hard Drive

2 x Seagate 500GB 32M Barracuda 7200.11 110$x2

Memory

G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2-1000 CAS5 F2-8000CL5D-4GBPQ 120$

Graphics

GeForce 8800 GTS, 768MB PCI Express 200$

Motherboard

X48 290$

PSU

Corsair 620HX 140$

OS

Windows Vista Home Premium 64

Now, chances are I'll be switching over to a 64bit linux distro, but that's neither here or now. Other peripherals are being discussed as well in other places, so yes, I have thought about things like fan controllers dvd drives ect.

for budget, consider a 2800$ limit.

You could save yourself a good chunk of change and go X38 unless there's a specific feature that you're looking to use on the X48 boards? Looks like a great build!

Good choice with the parts :)

But isnt there a cheaper CM Stacker in the sub $200's range? you can save a couple more there.

You may want to consider the 750GB Samsung F1. Seagates have always beem my favorite but several places have the F1 at $110-$120 and that is basically like getting a free drive, ther performance isn't bad either.

Back